Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What The Heck is THIS?

asnowman

Just now, shawndoggy said:

I think it's kinda cool.  Prolly the slowest bass boat at the tournament tho.

It's certainly one the the truest "Fish-N-Ski" boats I've ever seen... It's leaning much more closely to a true Ski Boat than any off those outboard fishing boats they stick tow pylons on.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, chris4x4gill2 said:

Is that the look your going to give me when I pull up to the dock to go wakeboarding with a livewell full of Stripe in this thing ?

Depends on how you plan on cooking it for me.... 
Haven't had striped bass, that I know of, actually. 

It might be just the ticket for trolling for Musky! you need to run much faster then trolling for anything else I have ever trolled for something in the range of surfing! So fill some live wells and wet bait boxes surf and troll away! You may want to keep the hooks in front of the surfer.:whistle: But Musky like fast in the wash of the boat.  Second thought keep the hooks behind the surfer, it will give the rider some incentive to perform!  

55 minutes ago, Bill_AirJunky said:

So it sold for $8400...... fess up. Who bought it?!

The lowest slung and most notorious chili-dipping hull Bu has ever made as a bay/flats/big water boat? Not me. 

I bet with 2 people standing behind the engine while it's under way, the boat rides with the bow higher than in the original configuration.

We drive our center consoles sitting down, especially at high speed in rough water.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
  • 7 years later...
CustomLXI03
On 6/15/2016 at 2:05 PM, asnowman said:

I just had to post this link, it just baffles my mind....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-MALIBU-RESPONSE-LXI-CENTER-CONSOLE-WAKEBOARD-FISHING-BAY-BOAT-/252425284439?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3ac5b82b57:g:Q7oAAOSwGIRXYGvG&item=252425284439

Someone please chime in if they have any knowledge of this . . . . thing

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/boa/d/tampa-21-malibu-response-lx-center/7719154249.html

If you are interested in this boat I own it and am looking to sell it. my call or text at (eight one three) two four five - two zero three four or email 

• Like 2

FYI to anyone wondering, the FL registration number seems consistent with a 2016 registration in the state.

That's a great looking boat!

Very cool for the right buyer. Not too different from the old Fish Nautiques. Anybody else here that old? ha.  For fish folks that would be cool on lots of lakes around here. Looks well done.

• 1 month later...
Bravotango
On 6/16/2016 at 12:28 PM, JeffK said:

Yeah...  The guys at the factory were having some fun with a hull back in the day.  I think John had that one built.

I can confirm that John (aka Walkabout) Sisson had this custom made. I am still good friends with his son. This idea was before MC launched the CXT. I worked at a dealership during a summer and we actually had this on the lot for a while.