Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What The Heck is THIS?

asnowman

That's totally absurd, that's what that is....  The ebay description says its a "one off" and claims it was factory built but that seems a bit strange .   Why in the heck would malibu build something like this?? 

Mastercraft did actually build an inboard center console for a few years in the late 2000's maybe this was some sort of test or "mule" boat that Malibu built but (rightfully) decided not to take into production. 

workdetailhorizontal-013.jpg

l_www.mastercraft.com_files_w938_boats_m

Edited by APoko
4 minutes ago, asnowman said:

I just had to post this link, it just baffles my mind....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-MALIBU-RESPONSE-LXI-CENTER-CONSOLE-WAKEBOARD-FISHING-BAY-BOAT-/252425284439?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3ac5b82b57:g:Q7oAAOSwGIRXYGvG&item=252425284439

Someone please chime in if they have any knowledge of this . . . . thing

Says right in the listing what it is - custom one off straight from Malibu.  mastercraft builds some weird custom stuff like this too.

The registration is in TN... I'm guessing it was some sort of skunk works project for someone affiliated directly with Malibu....

22 minutes ago, APoko said:

The registration is in TN... I'm guessing it was some sort of skunk works project for someone affiliated directly with Malibu....

You'd be correct.  I saw this boat at the factory a while back.  Of course, I asked about it.  Seem to recall that it was the weekend project of some employees and sourced the engine from a warranty boat or something like that.

I'm watching on ebay!  I don't even fish but that thing is BA!

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, APoko said:

That's totally absurd, that's what that is....  The ebay description says its a "one off" and claims it was factory built but that seems a bit strange .   Why in the heck would malibu build something like this?? 

Mastercraft did actually build an inboard center console for a few years in the late 2000's maybe this was some sort of test or "mule" boat that Malibu built but (rightfully) decided not to take into production. 

workdetailhorizontal-013.jpg

l_www.mastercraft.com_files_w938_boats_m

If I lived on a coastal waterway I would totally rock that larger MC.  One of my dreams is to own a CC because that means I am on or near the ocean. 

45 minutes ago, Sixball said:

Now if it had a trolling motor I would be on it in a hart beat! ;)

Ummm, picture #1 is the trolling motor:
5761baa150d6b_trollingmotor-lr.thumb.jpg

or did you mean this trolling motor:

Edited by mikeo
  • Like 1

In the early/mid 2000's...everyone here was making fun of Mastercraft's Center Console Fishing/Skiing/Wakeboard boats (Wakesurfing was not on the radar then).  Too Heavy, too big, too expensive, too ugly (compared to the svelte and sexy boats coming out of Malibu's factories at the time)...etc.  Given Malibu's current lineup, seems they were just 15 years late to this party.

50 minutes ago, RTS said:

In the early/mid 2000's...everyone here was making fun of Mastercraft's Center Console Fishing/Skiing/Wakeboard boats (Wakesurfing was not on the radar then).  Too Heavy, too big, too expensive, too ugly (compared to the svelte and sexy boats coming out of Malibu's factories at the time)...etc.  Given Malibu's current lineup, seems they were just 15 years late to this party.

back when boats were cheap and pixels were expensive...

wpid-7-125-40026560.jpg?itok=7xccwRyw

1 hour ago, joshuadale07 said:

Not sure if this was mentioned, but why does it have a wedge bracket if it was straight from factory? 

Why wouldnt it have one?

Malibu has had the wedge since '98 and itd obviously a custom build... so they wanted to put a wedge on it.... 

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, APoko said:

Why wouldnt it have one?

Malibu has had the wedge since '98 and itd obviously a custom build... so they wanted to put a wedge on it.... 

Maybe they put one on just in case someone wanted to wakeboard behind it at some point lol. 

11 hours ago, ibelonginprison said:

a1e97-britney-confused.gif

Is that the look your going to give me when I pull up to the dock to go wakeboarding with a livewell full of Stripe in this thing ?

• Like 2