Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My "new" Bu

GeorgeWBush

I guess I could search...but have you told the story about how you found the boat and if you had to do much work on it?

Gorgeous boat GW. What's it got for an engine?

I'm interested in your trailer. Mine looks the same as yours, except that I have a bow stop. I'd like to remove it as it sometimes bungs up the rub rail. Do you think the bow bunk is enough of a stop?

mmm.... where to start. I found the boat online. I kinda decided I liked the look of the old skiers so I did a search on google. This was one that popped up and it was only a few hours away at a dealer ship. yada yada yada I had the dealer throw in the samson tower and racks and now I am only the second owner. Then I joined MBO and "bumped" into the original owner, I forget what his screen name was... I'm sure he will pipe up sooner or later. The engine is a 350/5.7 chevy 265 HP. As for the bow bunk on the trailer I think it is enough, but I was thinking of modifing it a little because the only scratches on the intire boat are right there. Besides putting the tower on the boat, I have done nothing to it, I have not even washed and waxed it yet (by the way I'm planning on using Island Girls products anyone use before?) Oh yeah I replaced the pads that mount on the insides of the trailer fenders as one was missing.

Your right wakegirl the shape of the boat says 80's, but the colors say 70's. And the weird thing is the boat is actually red but he little bit of yellow and orange in the stripping makes the whole boat look orange. The cool thing is when you're driving it it totally makes you feel like Magnum P.I. I'll be bringing it over the mountians on wensday, and I'm going to start taking it to work with me pretty often so next time you come to the cove keep your eyes open for it.

Absolutely no walking on the bow with my boats. This is something you have to tell people in advance and police it constantly. When you pull into a beach, people want to jump right up on it so they don't get their feet wet. No sitting on the bow either. Only exception to this rule is good looking ladies in bikinis.

That is one great looking older boat. It is rare to see one that old in that good of shape without having been completely renovated.