Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Unofficial June Photo Contest - Entries

95echelon

I haven't thought this completely through on how to vote etc, but time for some fun!

Everyone submit their favorite ONE (1) photo of their boat, or boat related content (think stuff that could go in a "having fun at the lake" calendar). Examples are watersports, boat shots, tow rigs, sandbar fun, wipeouts etc. Family photo type stuff is ok, bikini contests are not.

I am going to gather all of these photos together at the end of the month and have everyone vote on their favorites in another thread that will be titled: "Unofficial June Photo Contest - Voting" . Winner(s) will get bragging rights and perhaps a small white elephant gift of some sort.

Rules I can think of right now:

• Bikini contests, NSFW content or anything you wouldn't browse at grandma's house are not welcome
  • No need for Malibu only content, all brands are welcome
  • No gifs or videos
  • Watermarks are ok, but no "meme style" images with large words or graphics (see below)
  • Images should be at least 1024x768 in size, and if you have a link to the original version try to include it.
  • Editing an image is ok for color, crop, exposure, but lets avoid heavy photoshop work.
  • You must be ok with having your content posted elsewhere on the internet, or possibly used in a calendar of some sort in the future. Mostly this is so I can resize all the pictures the same and post them in a place that will allow voting. I vow no nefarious or for profit use of the photos. I could however see using them in a calendar or something for 2017 that we could do a group buy on.

so....

bHuntaG.png

Edited by 95echelon
  • Like 2
12 hours ago, seth9180 said:

GOPR1718_1432337849351_high_zps81s0w1bw.

Wasn't your boat for sale at some time in the last year? I remember one just like it last summer when I was looking. I have a 6 year old who loves orange and an 8 year old who loves yellow, they insisted that this was the boat to buy. 8.1 right? Love the pic

4 hours ago, 95echelon said:

Wasn't your boat for sale at some time in the last year? I remember one just like it last summer when I was looking. I have a 6 year old who loves orange and an 8 year old who loves yellow, they insisted that this was the boat to buy. 8.1 right? Love the pic

Yes it was for sale for a few months last summer. We were looking to upgrade to one with surf gate but decided $70k+ wouldn't be a great life decision. Especially since I've now got this one where I want it. Stereo and ballast wise. Yes 8.1. Absolutely love it. 

3 hours ago, jtight7 said:

Norris Lake TN??

Yep norris. Flat Hollow marina. We'll be down for the 4th of July. 

martinarcher

We had a 20 minute storm roll through at 2:30PM Sat and chased everyone off the lake.  I pulled the boat out, covered it, sat int he truck for 20 minutes, then relaunched and enjoyed that for 5 hours. :)

• Like 4
1 minute ago, martinarcher said:

We had a 20 minute storm roll through at 2:30PM Sat and chased everyone off the lake.  I pulled the boat out, covered it, sat int he truck for 20 minutes, then relaunched and enjoyed that for 5 hours. :)

Well played....

• Like 1
18 hours ago, martinarcher said:

Few more from Sat on Memorial Day weekend....you guys help me decide which one is beat of the 5 and I'll take the other 4 off.

1_zpsswlguo4f.png

6_zpsxq52l57x.png

4_zpsi9rvahdu.png

2_zpsjl64n6fu.png

I like the second one down, with the side view.

martinarcher

I was just like you guys - couldn't decide on one. :lol:  It was a pretty laid back run after riding all day.  I was smoked!!  I'll have to post a thread with the full video.  It's really a really neat perspective. :)