Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Video: testing a homemade surf gate

wakemitch

This was in the boat section but I wanted to post it here too since there is riding involved. 

Just a couple tricks while testing the homemade suction cup surf gate on my dad's 2002 LSV. 1100lbs in each side locker, 400 in bow, 300 in ski locker, and the wedge down. The wake was incredible. It is so much better than when the boat is listed  

4 minutes ago, Stevo said:

Pretty sure he can air off the lip of my garden hose.

wave looks good brother.

Haha maybe. Airs are really tough on weak waves. Shuvs aren't an issue, but soft waves make it really difficult to pop off. The board just sinks down. 

I'm really pumped that this worked so well. I was really skeptical and was trying to convince my dad not to do it. I was wrong. 

What was your speed?  Did you play with the wedge at all?  The Mission guys say the wedge can wash out the wave.  Yet, everyone in the suck gate thread seem to be running their wedge.  

• 2 weeks later...
On June 15, 2016 at 6:10 AM, saxton15 said:

What was your speed?  Did you play with the wedge at all?  The Mission guys say the wedge can wash out the wave.  Yet, everyone in the suck gate thread seem to be running their wedge.  

It could vary boat to boat but with my manual there is an improvement of both size and shape with the wedge deployed. And the suck gate.