Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Any News on Malibu?

Guest J-Ro

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aneal000

• Mike00LXI

• 88Skier

• tgaugh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys and Girls,

It will be Volvo Marine that is going to buy Malibu. They are going to be putting their new propulsion system in all new boats. Check out - http://www.volvo.com/volvopenta/na/en-us/ This will revolutionize the inboard industry and give Volvo Marine a new market into smaller boats with their design. Then all the other inboards manufacturers will turn to Volvo to have them OEM that system. The ski/Wakeboard world will turn upside down. Watch out for those clever Vikings.

thats friggen retared theres no way im gonna buy a another malibu if i have to get it with that stupid system on it

Calm down there cheif, it twas a joke. ;)

Guys and Girls,

It will be Volvo Marine that is going to buy Malibu. They are going to be putting their new propulsion system in all new boats. Check out - http://www.volvo.com/volvopenta/na/en-us/ This will revolutionize the inboard industry and give Volvo Marine a new market into smaller boats with their design. Then all the other inboards manufacturers will turn to Volvo to have them OEM that system. The ski/Wakeboard world will turn upside down. Watch out for those clever Vikings.

thats friggen retared theres no way im gonna buy a another malibu if i have to get it with that stupid system on it

Well if you look at it, it is not a stupid system!

You may not like it but the Swedes designed everything that Mercury Marine "borrowed" technology-wise.

Counter rotating props, the stern drive, cone clutch and now the props out front in "clean water" parallel to the bottom of the boat. Turns the with the same precision right or left... forward or reverse.

One downside.... Don't hit anything below the waterline as it will be VERY expensive and "May" sink the boat !!

Guys and Girls,

Well if you look at it, it is not a stupid system!

You may not like it but the Swedes designed everything that Mercury Marine "borrowed" technology-wise.

Counter rotating props, the stern drive, cone clutch and now the props out front in "clean water" parallel to the bottom of the boat. Turns the with the same precision right or left... forward or reverse.

One downside.... Don't hit anything below the waterline as it will be VERY expensive and "May" sink the boat !!

Though I wouldn't advocate for the Volvo system in a BU, I have read where this system in a bigger inboard boat did improve both mph and mpg plus added maneuverability. What's wrong with that?

The Volvo IPS is a great system, maybe not for Malibu but it is very clever. I did however see a marketing piece the other day for it illustrating how hitting it on something will never be a problem because you will always hit the bow of the boat first... right - that always happens. I'll see if I can find it electronically.

Per my source, Brunswick is not buying Malibu. That is all I can say.

Thank you "Source" ;)

Next time just ask the "source"... Tease2.gif

Well "source" what is the news? We all know you know, so spill it or just PM me. ;)

Well, my source said "XXX XX X XXX XXXX X X XX XXXX?

I'd tell you all, but it's top secret and then I'd have to Guns.gif ...

Nope, I won't say anything in order to not piss off the "Source". It would make for an uncomfortable Thanksgiving and Christmas. :)

Any truth to the Friday press release?

Nope, I won't say anything in order to not piss off the "Source". It would make for an uncomfortable Thanksgiving and Christmas. :)
:lol: Gee, that's subtle. :lol: I wonder who it could be? :lol:

Ah, don't worry about that. There's plenty of water left to go under the bridge before the holidays...I'm sure he'll forget all about it by then. Biggrin.gif

Membership ought to have its benefits. How about a pm to the rest of us who aren't local or privy enough to know people that work there?

Membership ought to have its benefits. How about a pm to the rest of us who aren't local or privy enough to know people that work there?
You didn't get the PM? :unsure: Hmmm, maybe you should up it to CrewChief. Biggrin.gif

:lol: j/k (kinda) ;)

Cope's been good to me. Tongue.gif

Me too!! Frank Cope is a great guy, always very nice and helpful to me and the parental unit.

You didn't get the PM? :unsure: Hmmm, maybe you should up it to CrewChief. Biggrin.gif

When I hit 1,000 I will. Until then all I can do is speculate that what AMF did to Harley will be done to Malibu.

Associated Press

John Deere to Enter Marine Industry With a Splash!

Thursday July 27, 1:08PM ET

Merced, CA (AP) -- Industry leader Malibu Boats, Inc....

Edited by aneal000

Me too!! Frank Cope is a great guy, always very nice and helpful to me and the parental unit.

I didn't think a burrito could ever come out of my nose but sure enough, it did after I read this.

Associated Press

well, that'll work just fine for me!

I like to drive a tractor Biggrin.gif

Associated Press

well, that'll work just fine for me!

I like to drive a tractor Biggrin.gif

And isn't John Deere supposed to be the Quality brand, (although a bit more expensive)?

Associated Press

Please point me to the article - I can't find anything in the Merced Sun Star. Hoax?

Associated Press

That would make it very interesting in Alberta (Canada) where the major John Deere dealer (Martin Equipment) is also the only Master Craft dealer in the Province. Shocking.gif

I didn't think a burrito could ever come out of my nose but sure enough, it did after I read this.

Glad I could help!

He has always been fair with us. Which is what I'd want from a bussniess owner.