Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need some help on a few issues with my 2003 Malibu Wakesetter

The main bilge pump is not working not sure where it is located. Or how to remove it. Then I have problem with the red light coming on that is located under shifter. I checked fluids levels are good. But light is still on and it says not to run it over 1200 rpms. I am new to Malibu boat. Just looking for some help that I can fix myself. Before having to get a bill from boat dealer ship to fix it.  

8 minutes ago, Shinkle23 said:

The main bilge pump is not working not sure where it is located. Or how to remove it. Then I have problem with the red light coming on that is located under shifter. I checked fluids levels are good. But light is still on and it says not to run it over 1200 rpms. I am new to Malibu boat. Just looking for some help that I can fix myself. Before having to get a bill from boat dealer ship to fix it.  

The main bilge pump should be located under the engine; look for an Atwood unit with a discharge hose that doesn't look like any of the MLS hoses in the boat. The bilge pump may be dirty, but the stock unit had a dark blue base/grate and white body. Mine was fastened the hull with (very short, 3/4" screws) try to save the screws, and even though there are better bilge pumps out there I would stay with a stock unit to make sure I didn't mess up the hull.

The trans light will come on and stay on at idle speed; if you're going more than ~7 MPH the engine should have enough RPMs to turn the light off unless there is a problem. I don't recall if the light turns off when the engine is revved when the trans is out of gear.

Ok I will take it out this weekend and try that. I got couple questions on the bilge pump. Is it hard to get to (the one under engine) and I have one bilge pump in front by the front ballast that is not working. I plan on switching it out but when you remove it the wires on side of pump do they unplug from pump or do you have to follow it to other end. Last question where you getting you bilge pumps from is there a website you get them from.  Thanks for your help 

I don't recall a bilge pump in the front of my '02, just a ballast pump for the locker ballast. Every wire connection in my '02 was a crimped connection, so I'd look for crimped connectors within 3' of the pump. I remember my bilge pump being an Attwood Sahara 500; WalMart appears to stock them at a low price:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/11071160

Since you're in Kansas both Cabelas and Bass Pro Shops might be options too. Double-check what bilge pump you have, but the Attwood pumps have been in use for years...

Mine might be similar (1998 sunsetter vlx), bilge pump is just behind motor and below it, close to the transom. My red light is V-drive (low fluid) indicator light, goes away once I lay on the throttle.