Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Swim Platform Bracket Repair, 2007 Wakesetter 247

Hey all!  So on my second day out on the lake this year, while getting out of the water onto the swim platform I heard a pop from the platform, after further inspection I found that the RT bracket had broken at the weld and then looking at the other side it had a crack developing at the same point as the RT side.  Today I pulled the boat to the shop to fix it and reinforce it so it wont happen again and decided to share it!

Here is the RT bracket that broke all the way

URL]IMG_1307_zpsxkam0njf.jpg

Here is the crack that was starting on the LT bracket, I know its hard to see but you should all take a peak at your platform brackets for this, if they would have both broke it would have been real bad!

URL]URL]IMG_1308_zpssrc83eeg.jpg

At first I was just going to weld the cracks up and hope for the best but that quickly changed to reinforcing them so it wont happen again, I made the reinforcements out of 1/8 inch aluminum that I had laying around.

IMG_1310_zpsast1qyuu.jpg

IMG_1311_zps0aqvln16.jpg

I assumed (dumb) that the brackets where 90 degrees but I was wrong

IMG_1312_zpssnyfejo5.jpg 

Marked and trimmed them down to fit, much better

IMG_1313_zpsddsfvghz.jpg

IMG_1314_zpsibc6r5ob.jpg

Busted out the TIG welder and got them welded into place, I'm a little rusty so don't judge

IMG_1315_zps3q8ccsdw.jpg

IMG_1318_zpsfbs7pbs1.jpg

And welded up the broken RT bracket

IMG_1317_zpslwpj7fml.jpg

IMG_1319_zps3xpivyoh.jpg

Put on a fresh coat of paint and reinstalled the brackets

IMG_1320_zpsyofdcsfh.jpg

IMG_1321_zpshfl17axz.jpg

Swim platform back on and ready for the lake!!!

IMG_1323_zpseyapvlin.jpg

IMG_1324_zpswbkd75w7.jpg

• Like 4

Nice repair. I went with the newer stainless setup when the aluminum stuff wore out. Mine had so much play that the swim platform would move up and down 4".  But my brackets had deformed, and holes for retaining pins were wore out.

7 hours ago, TimbrSS said:

Nice repair. I went with the newer stainless setup when the aluminum stuff wore out. Mine had so much play that the swim platform would move up and down 4".  But my brackets had deformed, and holes for retaining pins were wore out.

Thanks!  Where did you get the stainless ones from?  Direct from Malibu?

5 hours ago, Ballnconly said:

Thanks!  Where did you get the stainless ones from?  Direct from Malibu?

Bakes online. It's about $500 for all the part.