Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

marina fire

ricnvic

got to bidwell ramp this weekend and saw a boat catch fire. it was coming out of the marina when it caught fire, the people jumped out and it floated into the covered slips and started another boat on fire.

post-226-1153718743_thumb.jpg

Just proves that ANY wally can buy a boat. Keep him away from me.

What the heck does that mean? Josh Sanders' boat caught on fire, would you call him a Wally?

As for abandoning ship, you do relaize how quickly these (all) boats are completely burned right? If you can't get to a fire extinguisher or plug, not much else to do is there?

Rick,

How much damage occurred? From your pics it looks like the outer most dock on the end near houseboat cove. How far did it spread? Did it even get close to the fuel docks? or the store?

If my boat is on fire I would do my best to position it out of harms way, but I sure the heck wouldn't spend a whole lot of time worrying about it. I would be making sure my family and friends were safely off the boat first.

With all due respect, boats burn for many reasons besides being a novice owner.

Edited by LS-One

Though I wasn't there, but I'd think some fast thinking of another boater by tieing to the burning boat and pulling it away from the Marina or out to open water would have been the thing to do. At least I would have tried too. I sure wouldn't have let it float into the marina, even a john boat could have pushed it away...

I wonder if they hads an extinguisher or attempted to use it. Unless it blew up, I'd try to get it out, simultaneously dumping crew overboard. Good idea on the plugs Udub.

Yeah, like lazyness, lack of proper maintenance, and poor judgement calls. Crazy.gif

Rick,

How much damage occurred? From your pics it looks like the outer most dock on the end near houseboat cove. How far did it spread? Did it even get close to the fuel docks? or the store?

Jeff, it was on the north end by bullfrog, the damage to the floating dock was minor (smoke damage mainly) though you can't tell, some of that dock is in rough shape and like malibudude said the boats in there are not in good shape. I don't see why people would pay that kind of money to let a boat set there and collect spider webs and duck poop Crazy.gif. I didn't see either boat after the fire, it was so hot in the parking lot that the wife and kids where crying to get in the water. those pics where taken by the suspended bridge in the parking lot in the bidwell marina.

The damage to the boat that started the fire was bad, I could see one whole side of the boat burned away. I don't even see how it kept afloat.

Edited by ricnvic

Well, glad it didn't spread. That would have been a mess for a long time if it had wiped out a large portion of that dock.

Too bad about that one guys boat. I wonder what the circumstances were???

What the heck does that mean? Josh Sanders' boat caught on fire, would you call him a Wally?

As for abandoning ship, you do relaize how quickly these (all) boats are completely burned right? If you can't get to a fire extinguisher or plug, not much else to do is there?

Oops. I didn't mean to offend anyone and I'll keep my feelings to myself. Thanks for the item.

If our boat caught on fire I would be the first one in the water! If the fire was in the engine area I wouldn't even try to put it out I would jump before the whole thing went BOOM!

If our boat caught on fire I would be the first one in the water! If the fire was in the engine area I wouldn't even try to put it out I would jump before the whole thing went BOOM!

Cars and boats only go Blowup.gif in the movie's. Tease2.gif