Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Bu

ulie5

I am planning on ordering a new Bu for the spring. It will be my first. I am looking at either the RideXTI or a Wakesetter 21XTI with the Diamond Hull. The 21XTI is all I can afford. I want a good wake for boarding and a decent wake for skiing. The dealer suggested the Wakesetter with a diamond hull. He said it would be a much better slalom wake without sacrificing the wakeboarding wake. I have skied and wakeboarded behind a 96 Sunsetter. Does anyone have any experience wakeboarding behind a new v25 diamond hull. Any suggestions on which way to go. Thanks.

My Dealer told me I will loss about 10% of the wakeboard wake and increase the ability to ski by going with a Diamond hull. So that is the path I am about to take with my VLX in the next week or so.

I am planning on ordering a new Bu for the spring. It will be my first. I am looking at either the RideXTI or a Wakesetter 21XTI with the Diamond Hull. The 21XTI is all I can afford. I want a good wake for boarding and a decent wake for skiing. The dealer suggested the Wakesetter with a diamond hull. He said it would be a much better slalom wake without sacrificing the wakeboarding wake. I have skied and wakeboarded behind a 96 Sunsetter. Does anyone have any experience wakeboarding behind a new v25 diamond hull. Any suggestions on which way to go. Thanks.

I have a Sunsetter LXI. (Direct drive on a v25 diamond hull). The way I look at it, it's not a boat that you're going to take to a competition an ski or wakeboard behind. But it has a good ski wake and a good boarding wake. The one thing I have noticed though, is that I need a ballast system in the back for wakeboarding. The wake behind my LXI is bigger than my neighbors Supra when they dont' have much ballast in the boat. But when they load it down, it has a larger wake. A sack in the back of the boat could cure this. And with my LXI, I have the whole ski locker to put a bag in. We do fill the center ballast, and that helps a lot. I don't know how the XTI works for if you wanted to add a bag to the back, or if you could.

So along the lines of the boat, it's good at everything, just not great at everything. But with me, I'm not a great Wakeboarder, and I'm a pretty good skiier. I'm not going to run a course often in my boat, so it does everything I want it to do.