Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

There has to be a better cover

gobble

2008 VLX and I have the Malibu cover. I cleaned the boat 3 weeks ago and had the cover properly installed until today, when I took it off to find dirt, leaves, tree debris and other crap inside the boat. Is there a better cover out there that will keep my boat dry and keep the crap out when it's parked in my driveway?

3 hours ago, oldjeep said:

how did the stuff get in if the cover was secured?

Tower leg holes?  My brand new one with G4 has huge gaps.  CS made no attempt to get it the least bit sealed.  I used to shrink wrap around the leg holes on my old boat but not nearly enough fabric on tower legs on new boat cover.

18 minutes ago, t a said:

Tower leg holes?  My brand new one with G4 has huge gaps.  CS made no attempt to get it the least bit sealed.  I used to shrink wrap around the leg holes on my old boat but not nearly enough fabric on tower legs on new boat cover.

My problem exactly, plus the cover is something less than waterproof despite treating it with the 303 stuff.

If you can't afford an evolution check out bald mikes.  My cover was 500 and fit perfecT, kept crap out, was water proofed well and coupled with the hang tight it was a great cover