Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

It's Here!!!!

Sane Asylum

Finally arrived yesterday... Yahoo.gifYahoo.gif They're getting it ready Monday and I'm supposed to pick it up Monday evening....Thinking about a day off on Tues.

Just after we took the cover off......

P7210019.jpg

Somebody's excited...... Surprised.gif

P7210021.jpg

Just off the trailer before the unwrap.....

P7210012.jpg

I've got a ton of questions if you guys have some time.....

1) Need to find a wakeboard(s) for my 6 & 8 year old sons. They've never wakeboarded so I'm open for any advice.....

2) Need some racks...... There's almost too much info out there. It's an illusion tower......

3) Doing music this winter......Bought basic so I can do my own upgrades.....

4) What's a WOW?

Feel like I can post now that I have a boat Innocent.gifBiggrin.gif

Edited by Sane Asylum

Nice boat, I'll bet it will look good in the water.

Welcome to the site. As far as kids boards go, I started my son on an off brand 119 out of Overtons when he was 7. It worked great. I have seen other kids on bigger boards than that, but I would not go too big, maybe up to 125 -126 for now with a good universal boot to fit them for a few years. My son is almost 10 & I just moved him up to a 126. We have friends with a son the same size that rides a 134 & seems to work good for him, but it just seems kind of big too me. Seems like the big boards are more likely to come up and whack them in the back of the head when they fall hard forward, so I guess on that note, recommending a helmet is in order. :)

A wow is a "Weekend on Water", planned months in advance where lots of members get together on a lake for boarding, surfing, socializing, and maybe even a drink or two, but keeping it a family affair. Click on the gallery section & you can see photos from recent wows.

What part of the country are you from ?

Great looking boat. Your family will have tons of fun and many memories.

Hman442 summed it up about the board and WOW.

Nice rack has a set the swivels the boards into the boat and are vary well made.

What part of the country are you from ?

Kansas City MO......Actually about 5 miles out of Kansas City proper. We're north a small town called Smithville.

How's the lake scene in Oregon??

Congrats! Really nice looking boat. Make sure you carry lots of Babes boat Brite, and get yourself a couple packs of microfiber towels at Costco.

Nice ride.

My 7 year old is riding a 119 Hydroslide board I picked up pretty cheap. He is having fun crossing the wakes on it right now. The board isn't great but is plenty for him to learn.

From a sizing perspective my 7 year old is pretty big he weighs about 85 pounds and he pops right up on the board.

Not to threadjack but here is my 7 year old tonight on the board.

Matt37-23-06.jpg

Edited by Chef23

Finally arrived yesterday... They're getting it ready Monday and I'm supposed to pick it up Monday evening....Thinking about a day off on Tues.

THINK??? you might take tues off ???? I think you look a little peaked and you might be comming down w/ something ... Vomit.gif ... nice boat .. enjoy

Nice ride.

My 7 year old is riding a 119 Hydroslide board I picked up pretty cheap. He is having fun crossing the wakes on it right now. The board isn't great but is plenty for him to learn.

From a sizing perspective my 7 year old is pretty big he weighs about 85 pounds and he pops right up on the board.

Not to threadjack but here is my 7 year old tonight on the board.

Matt37-23-06.jpg

Threadjack away.........That's a great pic......We'll end up with a 119 (times two). That's the info I needed. May try to find something they can both use (if possible)......May just end up with two boards......

They're pretty wound up right now....... Biggrin.gif

I thought that looked like B & B Marine, and Barry. We got our boat from them last year (our third Malibu) and I couldn't be happier with them. Great place to deal with, we moved from Smithville 5 years ago, and we miss that place. I misss the live music at the marina, and I also miss the Brick House downtown.

Love your boat, great looking ride, enjoy it on your day off, BTW - -you do look like you are coming down with something.....

Awesome boat! You will love how much fun a family can have on a wake boat.

We just came boack from a week on the lake with our wake boat tied to a rental houseboat! What a blast!

Just from my personal experience w/kids and boards, weight is the main issue, and having a slightly larger board than you think is ideal will help them a bunch at first.

My two girls ar 8 yrs and weigh around 60 lbs, so the 119 is great. My 9 yr old used the 119 and got up fine, but my 12 yr old, although he only weighs 70 lbs (can you say state champion wrestler???), had to use the wife's 134 to pop up quickly out of the water.

getting them out of the water and up on the board is priority #1. After that, it's all good!

Oh, and go buy "The Book" DVD set (or at least the first volume or two) to help yourself get started.

Have a BLAST!!!

The Bu dealer in Springfield (Ski Shack) just got a huge shipment of kids board a few weeks ago. They were going to blow them out when I asked, Free Motion which is the Liquid Force off brand. Would be worth a call, they are great guys, I bought my LSV there.

BTW - like the colors as well, mine is all red and black. I am down in Lee's Summit, on Longview. We have only been up to Smithville one time, decided it was not really worth the drive with the water so close for us here in LS. We do a lot of our boating at Table Rock (hence buying the boat in Springfield.)

That's a nasty sounding cough, could be contagious, I'd take 2 days of sick leave, just to make sure.

Nice boat - go enjoy it.