Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need boats for WTW Illinois Charity

Jimmypooh

We lost a few boats due to people moving away and a couple of our regulars are out of town this year.  If you're in the Chain-O-Lakes area and would like to join us on our fantastic charity event Tuesday August 2nd, please let me know.  We will be bringing the kids from the Rice Center orphanage out on to the lakes for some fun.  The event is all day, and food will be provided.  

Thanks!!!!!!

Jim

2 hours ago, Jimmypooh said:

We lost a few boats due to people moving away and a couple of our regulars are out of town this year.  If you're in the Chain-O-Lakes area and would like to join us on our fantastic charity event Tuesday August 2nd, please let me know.  We will be bringing the kids from the Rice Center orphanage out on to the lakes for some fun.  The event is all day, and food will be provided.  

Thanks!!!!!!

Jim

I would love some more information about this.

The event is on the Chain-O-Lakes in Northern Illinois.  It's an all day event from about 9am-6pm.  We bring children from children's homes out onto the water for the day.  We teach them to swim, ski, wakeboard, and tube.  This will be the 5th year for the Illinois event.  

The Rice Center (who we host) focuses on a particular type of kid in the system.  These kids are wards of the state.  Most of them have been taken from their parents for various forms of abuse and neglect.  It's quite astounding what these kids have gone through.  This single day event has a profound impact on them that lasts for years.  As I've visited and kept in touch with the staff and kids, they continually bring up the event on a daily basis.  Almost unanimously it is each kid's favorite day of the summer.  

A couple years back I had a kid on my boat that had never been submerged in water before (not even a bath tub).  When he finally built up the courage to slide into the water, he started laughing historically because he thought it was the coolest feeling to be floating weightless like flying.  Laughs spread through the boat and it was truly life changing.  Even if you're not in my area I encourage you to find your local event and get involved.  

I organize the event in Illinois.  If you have any questions about my event or any other, please shoot me a PM.  I'm happy to give you a call to discuss.

FYI, you'll have to forgive the wrong date on the website linked.  It's really Tuesday August 2nd.

• Like 3

Hey Jim!

I will give you a maybe... My wife is currently due on the 17th of August and is measuring a week early.  I might be able to arrange it so that I am up in Pleasant Prairie that week for work.  If all goes well, then I will be up there with my boat.

On 6/14/2016 at 1:50 PM, bcoppess23 said:

Hey Jim!

I will give you a maybe... My wife is currently due on the 17th of August and is measuring a week early.  I might be able to arrange it so that I am up in Pleasant Prairie that week for work.  If all goes well, then I will be up there with my boat.

Thanks!  I'm in the same boat (pun intended).  My wife is giving birth July 7th; scheduled c-section with twins.  We could definitely use you if you can make it.  I'm not sure how much you know about Wake the World, but I'm happy to give you a call to explain things.  If you don't have some form of boater safety certificate, our insurance does require them.  You can find a free online course here.  I look forward to seeing you.  Shoot me a PM with your email address and I will send out my last couple emails with details of the event.  I also need your shirt size (I'll have a shirt ordered for you).

2 hours ago, Jimmypooh said:

Thanks!  I'm in the same boat (pun intended).  My wife is giving birth July 7th; scheduled c-section with twins.  We could definitely use you if you can make it.  I'm not sure how much you know about Wake the World, but I'm happy to give you a call to explain things.  If you don't have some form of boater safety certificate, our insurance does require them.  You can find a free online course here.  I look forward to seeing you.  Shoot me a PM with your email address and I will send out my last couple emails with details of the event.  I also need your shirt size (I'll have a shirt ordered for you).

I know enough about it to be hosting the first ever Wake the World - Indiana next Monday! :) AND then I will be making it to the second year of WTW - MIw on July 18th.. If you are free Monday, come down this way, it will be at Raccoon Lake.  Greg is planning to be at the event.

15 minutes ago, bcoppess23 said:

I know enough about it to be hosting the first ever Wake the World - Indiana next Monday! :) AND then I will be making it to the second year of WTW - MIw on July 18th.. If you are free Monday, come down this way, it will be at Raccoon Lake.  Greg is planning to be at the event.

Wow!  Good for you!  I would love to head your way for your event but I don't own a trailer for my boat, and I'm cramming to get projects done for work before the babies come.  Good luck at your event!

1 hour ago, Jimmypooh said:

Wow!  Good for you!  I would love to head your way for your event but I don't own a trailer for my boat, and I'm cramming to get projects done for work before the babies come.  Good luck at your event!

We have an August 9th event in Madison, WI!!! If you can make the trip up we would love to have you, boat or not!