Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

newbie question, but...also question about speed gauge...

pedjavilotic

Guys, what is the use of Perko (hmm it not switch no idea what is exact word for it)..on the back of my 2002 VLX,above swim deck?I thought its a water line, so you can turn on engine out of water,if you need to repair something.

But today ,i checked line, and i noticed that pipe is going all way from Perko, down to the hole near  my factory ballast holes,into some kind of greenesh triangle stuff,located below....:blush:

another question, is there a way to test "speed meter" gauge , when boat is not in the water?My gauge didnt work last summer, so i noticed that small rubber hose was torn apart and i repleced with new.But i read somewhere that both rubber hoses are conected somewhere in the middle , and then only one hose is going directly to the gauge...I'm not sure can i test it with air compressor ,because of its high pressure...I dont want  to see that my gauge is not working AFTER i put boat in the river....

THanks 

p.s 

its quite urgent ,so any help will be great.Thanks once more.

Any chance you could post a picture of the perko? Also, if you have two speedometers, there is one rubber hose for each. The hoses lead to two pick-ups  on the bottom of the boat. (inbetween the pick-ups and the speedometers are two ballast tubes usually mounted on the inside of the boat, near the stern)

Steve B.

Test the speedo:

download speedo app to iPhone 

To fix the speedo:  

get the nauti logic GPS upgrade, the best way to prevent water from corrupting and frying the Mediallon Dash Computer under the dash is to cut the tubes off and fill in the holes. The MDC is expensive and is a custom order.

http://www.nauticlaugic.com/nl4-pp.html

Edited by Bozboat

You can easily test your speedo when the boat is out of the water by turning the ignition on (do not start the motor!) and spinning the panel wheel either by hand, air (blow dryer) or water (garden hose) ??

formulaben
4 hours ago, PeteOOXXOO said:

You can easily test your speedo when the boat is out of the water by turning the ignition on (do not start the motor!) and spinning the panel wheel either by hand, air (blow dryer) or water (garden hose) ??

That would be the Perfect Pass speed via the paddlewheel...I think he's talking the large analog speedometer.