Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

stereo replacement options

miley

98 Malibu sunsetter looking to replace stereo. I would like to be able use my Iphone/bluetooth options any recommendations for a stereo?

I went with a clarion m505 head unit. Under $200 and has Bluetooth.  I'm happy with it. Also works with boost box for auto volume control.

I'd really look into a separate amp to power the speakers.

The entire system really depends on budget and how you want to listen to it. You'll need a lot of upgrades to hear well underway.

Edited by TimbrSS
On June 5, 2016 at 0:07 PM, miley said:

98 Malibu sunsetter looking to replace stereo. I would like to be able use my Iphone/bluetooth options any recommendations for a stereo?

I just got the JBL PRV175 it's about the size of a speedometer gauge. On Amazon it was under $150. Has Bluetooth built in. Easy to use. Works great and simple. Using the old stereo hole as a place to put phones and wallets.