Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Switching brands, going for 2016 A22

livesound

Good idea with the wedge...makes sense. I'll just need someone to reach down while I'm surfing and pop up the wedge...then immediately release it once I make it to starboard side. Who needs a power wedge?? #kidding

Its interesting you want to add speakers for driver. I have never thought it was bad sitting there. In fact, while surfing or wake boarding I usually turn off in-boats because the 410's are plenty loud enough for me. I will try to pay a little more attention next time...then again, maybe I don't know what I am missing. Great, now I need to spend money and add speakers. Thanks @shawndoggy I will be sending you the bill.  

1 hour ago, Anderson24 said:

I have not figured out the transfer yet. Do you transfer to get to starboard? Or just start there? Looking for tips on how to conquer the propwash and get to the other side. 

Yeah I'm no transfer pro but it's all about timing, I wouldn't recommend transfers until you can ride ropeless heel side, and most times I still just transfer with the rope to avoid falling out the back if I miss the timing.

The practice heelside actually helped me visualize riding up and down the wave.

i have a hard time recovering heelside though, it is so counter intuitive to what my brain wants to do

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Stevo said:

Yeah I'm no transfer pro but it's all about timing, I wouldn't recommend transfers until you can ride ropeless heel side, and most times I still just transfer with the rope to avoid falling out the back if I miss the timing.

The practice heelside actually helped me visualize riding up and down the wave.

i have a hard time recovering heelside though, it is so counter intuitive to what my brain wants to do

Yea I was practicing riding heel side last time out. Felt much different...but there is plenty of push there to make it easy. Seeing the goofy wave makes me jealous sometimes. Thanks guy for the tips!

2 hours ago, Anderson24 said:

I have not figured out the transfer yet. Do you transfer to get to starboard? Or just start there? Looking for tips on how to conquer the propwash and get to the other side. 

@Stevois right.  You need to be able to ride heelside comfortably before trying the transfer. As well as @shawndoggy.  I charge the wave.  My goal is to cross just behind where the rooster tail would be.  We have a system.  When we want to transfer we notify driver by pointing to the opposite side we are surfing.  The driver will flip the switch and immediately raise one finger into the air.  That gives the surfer a queue to count off of.  For me, I line up and create a two count.  As soon as I get to "2 Mississippi" I pump hard two times and edge across the top of the wave.  Once you feel the board crest the top switch your edge up and press down the wave on the other side.  I found the transfer to be much easier once I let go of the rope handle.  My ability to twist my body for the cut over the wave and balance was better once I wasn't trying to not get tangled in the loose rope.  

Somebody mentioned put the sub in a box.  I have an 15 A22 why about the sub?  Love the A22 we run 750s +950(700)front all full. going to get an additional 400 sac for the center-front for lite crew days.  

The factory sub box shouldn't even be considered a box. It is a piece of junk made out of the starboard material. Pull it out and put the sub in a proper sealed enclosure. Will make your sub sound 10 times better. 

10 minutes ago, Anderson24 said:

The factory sub box shouldn't even be considered a box. It is a piece of junk made out of the starboard material. Pull it out and put the sub in a proper sealed enclosure. Will make your sub sound 10 times better. 

but keep the starboard!  its expensive and has 1001 uses on future boat projects.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

T22 is great so far (but not much "real" experience with it yet).  Only real complaint is that I need to get the captains speakers done.  Sound in the driver's seat is meh at best.

yes, keeping hold of the rope would be a good idea for sure, though I would usually go for the transfer at the end of a run so ropeless.

I would say cross over as close as you safely can... the boat always seems to be farther away than you think on the transfer, especially once you make it to the other side.  It's probably also easier without the wedge deployed.

Yes but you think thats bad,  try the stereo in a NXT i did a demo today and event though its more like my x25, it still steeres terribly and the radio is horrible.