Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 T22 or A22

stewtex2011

I have been researching a ton on Axis boats over the past several months. I was dead set on a A20 but after several dealer visits I noticed the driver seat area was very small. I am 6'4 and about 240lbs and have now set my sights on the A22. My dealer has a 2015 T22 and was curious from current Axis owners if the difference was substantial between an A22 and T22. This will be my first wakeboard boat purchase. Thanks in advance for your help!

Im looking at the same thing.  The T22 has more cabin space bit looks to be a little lower in the back rest of the rear bench seat.  How ever I'm a big guy 6-4 270lbs and it looks and dealer confirmed that i can put 1100 in the lockers of the T,  how ever I'm a big fan coming off a MC x25.  So i go on my lake demo Tuesday ill see how it really functions.

I was in the same boat last January. We were going to buy an A20 but decided to get a 22ft boat. Love our T22 and glad we went bigger for the extra space. 

Had the same dillemma. They are basically the same boat with a few subtle differences ( besides the obvious ). It basically comes down to more cabin space vs less bow space or vice versa. 

Edited by Simo
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I wanted an A22 but we had to stick with the A20 due to it needing to fit in our garage.  As for drivers seat area I'm 6'4" 235 and I feel there is plenty of area in the helm.  When you step up to the 22 footers you gain a lot more interior space but if all you're worried about is room at the helm and feel a 20' boat would be enough I don't think you'd be disappointed with the A20.  

Have you sat in them both?

On 6/5/2016 at 9:52 PM, stewtex2011 said:

I have been researching a ton on Axis boats over the past several months. I was dead set on a A20 but after several dealer visits I noticed the driver seat area was very small. I am 6'4 and about 240lbs and have now set my sights on the A22. My dealer has a 2015 T22 and was curious from current Axis owners if the difference was substantial between an A22 and T22. This will be my first wakeboard boat purchase. Thanks in advance for your help!

did you slide the chair all the way back?

The only problem I have with the helm is that the tower mirror seems like it should be extended a few more inches. When I get out of the seat I always use the swivel but my wife doesn't. So when I get back in with the seat afet she's been driving and the seat is facing forward in the locked position, if I'm not careful I bang my head n the mirror.  

Edited by Simo
4 hours ago, Garner said:

Go with the PTM windshield mounted mirror and problem solved.

+1. Have mine on the port side window and works great. 

It was a no brainier for me T22, more cabin space and $3000 less than the A22. I don't ride in the front anyway ! :biggrin:

We bought our T22 last fall and love it.  The surf wave is great.  After demoing we felt the T22 handled rougher water a little better.  Go ride both with your family and see how each fits.  

1 hour ago, nitrous1 said:

It was a no brainier for me T22, more cabin space and $3000 less than the A22. I don't ride in the front anyway ! :biggrin:

I don't know what the normal price difference is between the two but the price difference I was given was half that.

9 hours ago, Simo said:

I don't know what the normal price difference is between the two but the price difference I was given was half that.

I looked at my quotes and it was more like 2500. Price difference aside I would still have gone with the "T" just because of the extra cabin space but the savings just sweetened the deal for sure. I've had the boat in the water about a month now and love it, far better than I even expected.

I never considered the A22 but jumped to the T22 from an A20 order when I found out how little the difference was for the additional 2 feet and tandem axle trailer standard!