Sign in to follow this  
tws_andrew

Aftermarket props for 8.1

tws_andrew

I live at 4500 ft and use a lot of ballast and would like a little more out of the hole from the 8.1. Anyone try other props or have a recommendation? I had creat luck with an Acme on my MC before but I hear the jew OJ XMP Edge is really good and actually more fuel efficient. When I travel to Mead or Powell the stock prop is more than adequate but there are multiple lakes near me that are over 6k ft and I think I need to try some other props. I checked the props thread but it didn't seem to have any 8.1 suggestions. Any help would be appreciated. Probably just going to get a recommendation from propellersonline like I did for my MC.

edwin

I love the XMP on my RLXi, have heard great things about the XMP Edge. Eric Johnson of OJ is on the site every so often....do a search on his user name and drop him a line. He knows the ins and outs of the props

Wkerat

I am using an xmp edge 14x14.25 1 cup (part 490) and love it. I have run 5000 pounds of ballast in it without a problem.

maliboo

The ACME #1235 is a great prop for that combo. Tried one in Denver (5500 elev.) with your exact boat combo and is was perfect. The 8.1 has a gear reduction of 1.2 : 1 and all the small blocks have a reduction of 1.5 : 1, so that prop works very well for both apps. at altitude. I don't Wakeboard but I would swear that the wake was bigger and better with the 1235.

Good Luck

Dwayne

chathamsolutions

537 / 857 or 1235.

Call Acme and ask. I'm guessing they'll tell you the 1235.

drtortho
537 / 857 or 1235.

Call Acme and ask. I'm guessing they'll tell you the 1235.

Have an 06 23 LSV and just changed to the 1235...Noticable difference out of the hole with full load of bodies and 750's in the rear. Talk to the Acme guys (number is in the prop threads). Were very helpful.