Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What A weekend! Any HELP greatly appreciated!

So I finally get my 2010 Malibu 247 LSV on the water this weekend for the first time this year cause I have been so busy at work.  Anyway when I put it away for the winter everything was working perfect the boat only has 160 hours on it.  Anyway as soon as I got started I hit my rider preset and got the dreaded "Wedge Fault" error with a blown fuse, I replaced the fuse and it blew again.  I decided to go about my day without the wedge because it was our first day out.  An hour or so later I noticed the heater was on high, I thought maybe one of the kids put it on so I went to turn it off and it was already off.  It is just stuck on even if you take the key out the heater stays on!  It will only turn off if  you turn the battery switch to off, as soon as you turn the batteries back on the heater instantly turns on high.  Has anyone had this happen to them????  

When I pulled the boat out I took the wedge apart, I could tell it was out of alignment, I had one water filled actuator that doesn't work at all and the other one just works and short little bursts  you have to keep hitting the button so I assume they are both shot!  So now the question is from what I read do I need to buy the 5 lobe actuators since the 3 lobe are discontinued?  Do I need to buy a new control module to operate the 5 lobe?  Is Bakes the cheapest place to buy these parts?  AND what the heck can I do about this heater issue?  I am by far a die hard Malibu Boat owner but man do weekends like these make me want to give it all up!  Any help is greatly appreciated.

I just saw this in another thread; I think you're the 3rd person this has happened to this season. Check this thread:

As for the wedge, I don't have any advice other than to search the forum, I haven't had to deal with this (yet).

Call the Bakes guys on Monday about the wedge. I spoke with them about my actuators last year and they were not only super knowledgable, but extremely helpful as well. They're very actuator savvy. Lol 

Their knowledge and their willingness to share it freely makes doing business with them worth it. 

As for the heater - I'm not as familiar with these since almost no one has them down here. But I would break out the volt meter and see where the power is stuck "on" for it. At the switch/helm, or at the blower. Then go from there. 

Edited by ibelonginprison

Does anyone know where the relay for the heater is located?  It has to be the relay because when I disconnect the MUX switch it is still on!

should be easy enough to find.  Just find your heater core and trace the wires coming back out of it.  It's the orange wire (high speed) that you are really concerned with.  figure out where it goes, and your solution should become clearer.  Since others are having similar issues, please post back with what you find and how you ultimately solve the problem.

The orange wire comes straight from the heater to the the fuse panel under the dash I did not see a relay.  I would think there would have to be a relay being it has to draw more amps than the mux can support.