Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How to find front ballast pump 06 vlx

jmiller2496

I believe my boat has a front middle and side ballasts yet there are only three switches. Is it accurate that one switch controls both middle and front? If so the middle fills but not the front. I see a pump under the hatch by the driver seat that is the empty however there is not fill pump there. Is this the front ballast or the middle? I see a tank to the rear in the hatch as well I thought it was the middle ballast but could it be the gas tank?

anyways how do I find the front ballast pump? I've read other forums and see something about the front but does anyone have a picture or diagram about this?

If you have three switches you only have three tanks.. the bow/ front tank is under the seats. I'll bet if you look you have storage not ballast. The tanks you see in the front bilge hatch are fuel and middle ballast. 

If you ever plan to add a front ballast tank they are still available from Malibu. The total cost to put one in yourself is around 600 bucks. I have a parts list  somewhere lying around if you need it 

Mine is under the seats right now waiting to be installed. 

14 hours ago, 95echelon said:

If you ever plan to add a front ballast tank they are still available from Malibu. The total cost to put one in yourself is around 600 bucks. I have a parts list  somewhere lying around if you need it 

Mine is under the seats right now waiting to be installed. 

I also did a huge write up on this and how to confirm that you can add it. Not all boats can add the factory tank. 

9 hours ago, liljohn said:

I also did a huge write up on this and how to confirm that you can add it. Not all boats can add the factory tank. 

I thought the consensus was that even if the seat supports were fiberglassed in that you could grind them down and still install a tank. Your thread is what inspired me to start the process on mine. Great write up!