Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

DIY Wakeview Seating.

TimbrSS

Has anyone come up with a way to make the nifty convertible rear facing seating found in the newer models of boats, or do I have to figure it out on my own?

1 hour ago, h2oratJR said:

Spend a lot of time on MasterCraft X2 & X20 when surfing we sit on boatd racks 

typo or not, that sounds uncomfortable. I assume you mean the *board* racks; on the tower?!

On June 3, 2016 at 11:26 AM, TimbrSS said:

Has anyone come up with a way to make the nifty convertible rear facing seating found in the newer models of boats, or do I have to figure it out on my own?

I thought about trying the same thing after getting a demo at the boat show, but would not try it until this offseason.  Share your results if you do it first.

On June 3, 2016 at 0:20 PM, mikeo said:

wake view:
59388_700.jpg

wake bench:
stlofrm1.jpg

Really though, I know what you mean. A stainless steel piano hinge on one edge and then some sort of back support. I'm not sure about the back support, but even a hinged piece of wood or plastic with chaise lounge adjusters could work:
http://www.amazon.com/Snake-River-Patio-Parts-Adjustment/dp/B011J57RR8

Awesome