Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

ILLUSION X TOWER

Since I sold my lake place I had to bring my boat home for the winter and stored it in my very small garage. The dealership that I purchased the boat from has done all of my maintenance for me and they lowered the tower so it would fit in the garage. Our weather has been less than ideal  so yesterday was the day I finally pulled the boat out of the garage. I raised the tower and put in one pin that seemed to go in easily. I could not get the other pin in at all. now Im afraid to try to remove the other pin because I cant just twist it to unlock and pull it out. Is there a trick to removing and replacing the pins or do I need to be more forceful, possibly using pliers or something like that rather than just using the metal ring on the pin and pulling it out by hand? The pin that won't go in will only slip in maybe 1/4 of the distance it needs to go. any help. suggestions to get this resolved would be awesome, I have a lake day planned for tomorrow. I found one thread that mentioned something about replacing a part if it didnt have any spring left in it but I can't really look until I get the pin removed from the other side.

Just have someone hold the tower up and vary the pressure they put into pushing it up - while you push the pin in.  By getting it 1/4 of the way in you have gotten it into the base but not yet slid it through the corresponding hole in the tower.  You can do the same thing by yourself by putting a little shoulder into pushing the tower up.  No new parts needed.

• Like 2

When we lower ours to go under the bridges we have one person push and up and down to jiggle it while another pulls the pins. The pins should slide right out. 

• Like 1

I called my dealer and he said someone of my size doesn't have the wingspan to do it alone so hopefully I can get the pin in tomorrow with help from someone! Thanks for the replys

What they said. I have my wife push the pin in while I move the front of the tower up and down a touch. Usually slides right in after a couple seconds when you have the right angle/alignment. Bet you'll have it done in 10 seconds with 2 people. 

• Like 1
On 6/5/2016 at 7:09 AM, skylerchamblee said:
On 6/5/2016 at 7:09 AM, skylerchamblee said:

Will it fit into a standard size garage with tower down height wise? I have a 23'lsv

Will it fit into a standard size garage with tower down height wise? I have a 23'lsv

Yes it will!!  I got the pins in with help. thanks everybody!!

12063471_10208245289716016_7843054366558537827_n