Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2002 Sunscape 23 LSV ballast pump intake placement

mnwater

Please excuse if this is a repeat topic but I was not able to find an earlier post.

I just purchased two ultra reversible pump packages from Wakemakers but I'm a bit leery as to where to have the intakes sit. Is there anyone out there that has installed 2 intakes in this particular model? 

I think that I have enough space on the port side of the prop but a bit unsure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kris

I had a 2003 23 and did this. I put mine a little bit behind the raw water intake and depth finder. Make sure you check angles and such to make sure the hoses don't interfere with anything. I wished I had put them a few inches farther back but wanted easy access near the Vdrive.

21 minutes ago, Levi900RR said:

Search for Nitrous birds install. He has them laid out nicely. 

Thanks for the insight - found the post as it had some good info...just missing the photos

9 minutes ago, teamerickson said:

I had a 2003 23 and did this. I put mine a little bit behind the raw water intake and depth finder. Make sure you check angles and such to make sure the hoses don't interfere with anything. I wished I had put them a few inches farther back but wanted easy access near the Vdrive.

Great thanks for the feedback. Is there any concern, or did you have any issues, with the disruption in the water flow that may be caused by the raw water or depth finder...maybe a placement further back or slightly offset would eliminate that.

I thought he had a good video walkthrough of the whole system... anyway, another tip is use some locator magnates when you go to drill the holes to make sure you dont have anything interfering with the system. 

Think about a single intake. 1-1/4 is more than enough for two pumps and will even support 3.  In many boats there is more room on the port side.  Just don't put it in front of the paddle wheel if you're using it.  As teamerickson said, make sure you have room for the riser, valve, and tubing - and room to move the valve handle.

• Like 1