Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need new WB bindings for LARGE feet

Pistol Pete

Thanks for the input guys.

I'm pretty conviced I'm gonna get the CWBs. I started shopping and found that:

Torq = $200 and will match my board

Faction = $260

Zeus = $330

I'm only in the ~$200 neighborhood and wonder if there's any big differnece between the torq and Faction. I'm pretty sold on Stew's reccomendation of the Factions but, are they really worth the extra cost?

You got a PM.

Pete, here is a link to the CWB bindings www.cwbwakeboards.com

Here is the blurb about the differnce between the Faction and Torq:

From the website: "Being the first 2007 product to roll out, the Faction is a preview of new performance and comfort features CWB will offer on this model priced to sell between the popular Torq and Zeus boots currently in the stores. The Faction features an "Articulated Toe”. The Articulated toe is nylon, Lycra and neoprene precisely wrapped around segmented EVA to construct a toe rubber that forms to any foot providing comfortable support. The Faction also has a higher stiffer wrap than the Torq model, and has a dual hidden lace."

Another thing worth noting is that the Factions come in more sizes ie. L 11-12, XL 12-13, XXL 13-14

VS.

The Torq L/XL 9-12 and XXL 12-14

Another cool thing about the hinge is you can unhinge them after you fall and are waiting for the boat. Lets your feet get blood flow and keeps tight sizing from cramping your feet. Then flip them up when you're ready to go.

Hey guys,

I broke my wakeboard bindings today and am now in the market for new ones. Luckily, I should be able to cash in on some sales this late in the season.

Ok, here's my problem. I've got size 13 feet and have been riding in XL bindings. I also have wide feet.

I gotta have very comfortable but, TIGHT, bindings with a lot of foot bed padding for landing out in the flats.

What brands are wider / better than others?

Bummer, I thought those things were industrial strength?! What happened? Demo the CWB's that Ian and I have. You might like them. They are "wicked comfy" Yahoo.gif

Barbara

Another cool thing about the hinge is you can unhinge them after you fall and are waiting for the boat. Lets your feet get blood flow and keeps tight sizing from cramping your feet. Then flip them up when you're ready to go.

Never thot about this..........Excellent idea.....

Go with the Zeus but shop. I recall paying less that 300 for mine a my local place.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got short (8.5) but really wide (4E width) feet... my transits were killing me - just got a pair of Watsons (size 9-10) and they're perfect.. not tight on the wide part of my feet at all. VERY comfy.

I went over to Ambush (buywake.com store) and tried on everything they had... Watsons were the widest I found.

Yahoo.gif I had an old pair of Liquid Force bindings...killed my feet and gave me squat for support. I tried several...half dozen bindings and went with the Liquid Force Sphynx bindings. Very comfortable and supportive...really like the padding, makes landing much more comfortable. FYI, I tried a pair of the "hinge"

bindings and thought they were a little tight towards the heal...especially for a fat footed guy like me. My advise is the same as some of the other guys...try a bunch on and leave em on for 5 minutes or so to get a good feeling...good luck!!! Yahoo.gif