Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need new WB bindings for LARGE feet

Pistol Pete

Hey guys,

I broke my wakeboard bindings today and am now in the market for new ones. Luckily, I should be able to cash in on some sales this late in the season.

Ok, here's my problem. I've got size 13 feet and have been riding in XL bindings. I also have wide feet.

I gotta have very comfortable but, TIGHT, bindings with a lot of foot bed padding for landing out in the flats.

What brands are wider / better than others?

I don't know a bunch about them, but it seems like I've seen it mentioned that the new CWB Torque bindings run a bit wide. They've got that new lever system that makes it uber-easy to get into. I tried a pair on Heidi's board when we were in Texas & while they were really big on me, they seemed pretty comfy. Might want to give those a try.

At the beginning of this season Cope had a truckload of CWB bindings, and was blowing them out cheap.

My friend who's big footed picked some up. He really liked them. You might try them. Definately look to hit the end of the season sale there.

I don't know a bunch about them, but it seems like I've seen it mentioned that the new CWB Torque bindings run a bit wide. They've got that new lever system that makes it uber-easy to get into. I tried a pair on Heidi's board when we were in Texas & while they were really big on me, they seemed pretty comfy. Might want to give those a try.

I demo'd a board with the CWB Torque bindings yesterday and would recommend them. I am a size 12 with wide feet as well. These bindings were much more comfortable than my Liquid Force Alpha bindings, which are a bit tight at the widest point of my feet. I will probably get these bindings at some point.

Pete,

My Hyperlite State's are very comfortable. I wear a 12 and have a lot of room, especially around the toes and the top of the foot. I would highly recommend them.

Pete,

My Hyperlite State's are very comfortable. I wear a 12 and have a lot of room, especially around the toes and the top of the foot. I would highly recommend them.

Got the "CWB Zeus"....I am a 10 triple E foot.....Uh, that's in the wide section of shoes and somewhat hard to fit. They are the most comfortable binding ever (Have had 5 different sets) and the easiest in/out I have come across without losing any support.

Pete,

I just got some XL CWB Factions over the weekend. Nice bindings. Way comfortable. First binding I can put on in the water Yahoo.gif I'm sold..... I probably could have even got the L instead of XL, but I got there last set on the shelf. Biggrin.gif

I know you tried my board with the HL High Wraps, how did you like those? Cuz I do have a pair of 04/05 HL Temets XL (NIB) that I going to sell this week. They fit about the same as the High Wraps. You can see the Temets below.....

post-28-1153757778_thumb.jpg

Thanks Stew but, I'm looking for a pair that have the individual laces for the top of the foot and around the lower calf. I'm not sold on those "Option 2" straps on those bindings, the strap doesn't make the biding feel any more secure.

I think I'll hit Copes this week and then Tri City sports.

I can tell you I am TOTALLY sold on the new CWB hinge tech stuff. Check out the Torq, Faction or Zeus. The hinge locks the heel nicely and then you still get the 2 lace system. I don't like the laces, hence the high wraps, but the hinge is so sweet I'm willing to sacrifice. Plus super comfortable materials...... and real comfy foot pad Yahoo.gif

I was going to say try the liquid force transits!!!! but i remember you tried my board, and did not like them. But going to copes sounds like a good idea, try on every binding, demo them if you can. The narrow versions of those didnt hurt my feet in the store, but after ridding for 10 minutes i was in major pain.

That's my biggest concern. I know that just because they feel o.k. in the store doesn't mean squat once your riding in them.

I think I'll hit Copes this week and then Tri City sports.
Tri-City Sporting Goods (in Fremont) is closed, gone, out-of-business. :( That was always my place for 'deals'....which may be why they're gone. Cry.gif
You're kidding me!

I didn't know they closed.

Late winter - Early spring...I don't remember exactly when. The bike & watersports buyer was a friend of mine. I used to take him out on the lake as a way to get orders out of him. :lol:

i have a size 14 foot and there wide, and i use 05 XXL CWB Zeus bindings and they fit and ride great, if i could get any bindings id go with the new hinge tech Zeus bondings

I can tell you I am TOTALLY sold on the new CWB hinge tech stuff. Check out the Torq, Faction or Zeus. The hinge locks the heel nicely and then you still get the 2 lace system. I don't like the laces, hence the high wraps, but the hinge is so sweet I'm willing to sacrifice. Plus super comfortable materials...... and real comfy foot pad Yahoo.gif

Yup, it's all that & a bag of chips. :lol: Seriously though, the ones that I rode in were nice enough that they had me contemplating how soon I'd need new bindings....& I really like the Minx pair that I'm in. That rear hinge is so nice - I've half released so many times that my heels hurt when I get out of my bindings. Having that one thing would be so great.

What are you saying? Are you saying your current bindings (minx) don't have the hinge and your feet have come half out of them during a fall hence, you're thinking about upping to the other model?

My current bindings (Minx) are traditional bindings that just have laces, no hinge like the new CWBs have. My feet have a tendency to release partway on hard falls, & it's really hard on my heels. As a result, it hurts getting out of the bindings. The hinge at the back of the binding on the CWB system would relieve the stress that it puts on your heel & ankle when you're trying to get your feet out. Getting into a traditional binding isn't a problem because of lube, but getting out is another story. The hinge system makes that soooooo much nicer. I've never had a tweaked ankle, but when I did my knee 2 years ago, that hinge system would have saved a lot of the torture of getting that foot out of its binding.

Also, to add to what Tracie said, I'm on my 5th pair of bindings. The main reason is because of comfort. Most bindings I oculd only ride about 10 minutes without my foot cramping. The High Wraps you tried, were a little better for comfort.

Now, with the CWB Factions, I actually got to ride this weekend until I got fatigued vs. foot cramping. It was great.

The other thing is that I did release from them on one crash, and it was so sweet being able to put those bindings on WITHOUT a huge struggle. Something I have never been able to do. I always had to get back in the boat to put my bindings on, not anymore Fingerwag.gif

The only negative thing, is that I have heard the hinge can loosen up after a few uses (break in) but there is an adjustment to tighten it back up.

Two points on the hinge tech.

#1) You cannot lay the board on the sundeck anymore with the heel down, this is because the metal hinge sits on the vinyl. If that board is bumped or slides, you know the rest.

#2) It pinched my heel, not sure if I have wide heels or not. Note this was in a Torque. I have never heard that I have wide heels? I did wear them around for 10 minutes, not a couple to be sure so I'd wear them for a bit in the shop to see how you feel for an extended period. This may have gone away if I was in water? Dunno?

#1) You cannot lay the board on the sundeck anymore with the heel down, this is because the metal hinge sits on the vinyl. If that board is bumped or slides, you know the rest.

#2) It pinched my heel, not sure if I have wide heels or not. Note this was in a Torque. I have never heard that I have wide heels? I did wear them around for 10 minutes, not a couple to be sure so I'd wear them for a bit in the shop to see how you feel for an extended period. This may have gone away if I was in water? Dunno?

My heel was pinched a bit at first but now they are awesome. . . it only took me a couple of runs but I love my Torques. Very easy to get into and out of.

Pete,

I just got some XL CWB Factions over the weekend. Nice bindings. Way comfortable. First binding I can put on in the water Yahoo.gif I'm sold..... I probably could have even got the L instead of XL, but I got there last set on the shelf. Biggrin.gif

I know you tried my board with the HL High Wraps, how did you like those? Cuz I do have a pair of 04/05 HL Temets XL (NIB) that I going to sell this week. They fit about the same as the High Wraps. You can see the Temets below.....

new/used ??

$$$ ??

both bindings got ripped yesterday on the "loaner"

they were probably on their last leg... but it reinforced why i have a loaner board & bindings for teaching folks

(i like to keep my board nice)

so, i'm kinda in the market for a new second set of bindings (on the cheap)

I've found that it will almost pinch my heel if I don't have the foot slid all the way up in the boot. The fist couple of time I put it on I just put the foot down and tried to lock the hinge, that's where the pinch feeling came in mine. Now I put the foot in and slide the toes up some and it works great.

--Robert

Thanks for the input guys.

I'm pretty conviced I'm gonna get the CWBs. I started shopping and found that:

Torq = $200 and will match my board

Faction = $260

Zeus = $330

I'm only in the ~$200 neighborhood and wonder if there's any big differnece between the torq and Faction. I'm pretty sold on Stew's reccomendation of the Factions but, are they really worth the extra cost?