Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

05 V Ride rear seat removal,,help please!!

Ghaynie18

As stated in the title I need help getting the back seat off the hill of the boat! I have to get some places fixed were the stitching has busted. I hhat can't seem to figure out how to get the dang thing off!! Anyone have any experience with this model or have any advice on where to look for the mounting points? Thanks all!!

Screws all the way across the back with probably 1 or 2 being too dang close to the ski pylon that are a bear to get out.  Then there are 1 or 2 in each corner that I want to say were hex head lags that I accessed by reaching cross the cupholders under the gunnel.  I reskinned mine a few years back, man I miss my old vRide :cry:

15_zpstntjsvso.jpg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ndawg12 said:

Screws all the way across the back with probably 1 or 2 being too dang close to the ski pylon that are a bear to get out.  Then there are 1 or 2 in each corner that I want to say were hex head lags that I accessed by reaching cross the cupholders under the gunnel.  I reskinned mine a few years back, man I miss my old vRide :cry:

15_zpstntjsvso.jpg

I know where you could get one similar for the right price!!!   HA HA HA HA

yup, screws across the back. Take the rear ski pole out and it makes it easier to get to those center screws.

Then the bolts and washers on the sides. These are the fun ones.
Buy something like these: http://www.sears.com/gearwrench-32pc-combination-stubby-ratcheting-wrench-set-sae-mm/p-00939327000P?prdNo=3&blockNo=3&blockType=G3 

Take out the seat bottoms, take everything out of the rear ski lockers, then channel your inner contortionist and get your arms all up in there. You'll be able to feel the bolt heads, they're at the top up on the sides. Probably about a 10mm if I remember correctly. MAY be something like an 11mm, but it's small'ish like that. There should be 2 or 3 on each side. They use a lot of washers to space them out so they don't go all the way through the vinyl.

Here's a little tip, though. Mine had a bunch of hole's once I pulled it out. It was hard to tell which ones the bolts "actually" went in. And EVEN HARDER to tell once you put the seat BACK in place and tried to bolt it BACK.

So - once you have the bolts loose, I'd suggest taking a paint pen and reaching up in there and marking where they were before you take them all the way out. THEN - once it's out, use something to scratch a "marker" or something that you can feel with your fingers when you're trying to put the bolts back in that will help you align everything up correctly. Because you cannot see aaaaaaaanything. It's all blindly feeling around. So next time mine has to come out that's what I'm doing. 

Edited by ibelonginprison
  • Like 2

I was amazed this spring when I had to pull out the front port  seat back how many hole were drilled in the fiberglass that weren't actually used.  It's like a blind monkey with a drill had a party up in there!

• Like 3