Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Long crank rough idle

I have a 2004 Sanger v230 just came out of storage was sitting for 5 years did a complete service started at the house ran a little rough put fresh fuel in it by the way so I thought it'll be ok once we opened it up on the lake took it to the lake ran it for a few hours and never cleared up in order to start the boat you have to keep the throttle open all the way like if it's flooded the boat is fuel injected I can't find any scanners to try and scan the boat 

thanks for the help in advance 

Yes 5 years ran fine when it was last used  

Plugs wires cap rotor fuel filter changed the oil it runs very well wide open but if I go from wide open to neutral to fast it'll also die its like if it's rich I smell fuel from the exhaust 

I drained bout 7 gal that was left in the fuel tank so maybe 1 gallon was left maybe I put 40 gallons in it when we went to the lake I opened it up for a long time a good 30 min on the lake in my head I thought it would burn all the old stuff out and run fine after 

It is very bad for gas to sit that long.  Especially gas with ethanol in it.  It evaporates and separates and leaves a varnish in the fuel system.  Just running fresh fuel through a "gummed up" fuel system will not fix it.  You can always try and additive, such as Sea Foam.  However, after 5 years, you may need the fuel injectors/rails removed and cleaned or replaced.