Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Touch Command Issues

Finally got back to the lake today to finish winterizing my 2013 Malibu VLX here in NE. I too was curious if the 6913-00430-01 part# would work???  Guess what?   That is the exact part # on my display!!  So it will work😀. Now I just need to decide if I am going to purchase it from Medallion or redesign to manual switches like others have outlined in other posts🤔

Lonnie

• 1 month later...

I thought I read somewhere that someone was trying to repair the touchscreen surface ? has anyone done that successfully? 

my 14 LSV has about a 1/2" delam on all four sides but still works. I'd like to resolve over the winter vs. have to give up water time later.

I'm assuming there is no reasonable option to replace with a newer model screen ? reading about people having to replace them more than once is troubling. 

Has anyone made a manual switch panel to negate the need for the MTC. My 13 VLX  MTC is delaminating and I want to have a manual switch panel ready to go when it does go. The screen actually is in a poor location to view and even simple tasks like turning on a single light is an awkward maneuver.   I an envision rocker /toggle switches located in a similar area positioned up higher as being way more user friendly design to operate than the MTC. 

5 hours ago, Superk163 said:

Has anyone made a manual switch panel to negate the need for the MTC. My 13 VLX  MTC is delaminating and I want to have a manual switch panel ready to go when it does go. The screen actually is in a poor location to view and even simple tasks like turning on a single light is an awkward maneuver.   I an envision rocker /toggle switches located in a similar area positioned up higher as being way more user friendly design to operate than the MTC. 

Not yet. I have a buddy who will most likely be following my post from April on this thread and upgrading his this spring.

Watching closley as my screen while still working has a good 3/4" delam arounfd the perimiter.

Attemts to source thru Medallian hit a wall, maybe since I am down under?

Should a kit be produced to swap over & maintin the basic functions excluding surf gate. this would be winner

I'm thinking my screen may be starting to shows sings off bubbling in the corners. I read somewhere that there is possibly a jumper cable to help make sure you don't get stranded? If this is true, where do find it and instructions?  Also without reading 14 pages of banter, I believe there is also a bypass switch that can be installed?  And finally the fix i am told is around $2100 for a new screen? 

2 hours ago, JMaddogT said:

And finally the fix i am told is around $2100 for a new screen? 

I thought when I looked at Bakes it was $2400.  I also have a purchase in the future.  I had to replace my Maliview in 2020..... :(

19 hours ago, RyanB said:

I thought when I looked at Bakes it was $2400.  I also have a purchase in the future.  I had to replace my Maliview in 2020..... :(

Wow prices escalating quickly. I paid $1600 about 4 years ago. Wasn't happy about that price then!

• 2 weeks later...

Just Bought a 2011 Malibu Wake setter! the MTC screen was replaced, seems to work fine, so far. the biggest problem I see is.... the start engine. I have ordered a -Ignition Bypass  through Malibu. they say its 2 to 3 hours to install. has any of you out there installed one of these? thanks 

Sorry JLT3  I did not see your post. did you do your own installation? the service guy at Active water sports tells me its plug very easy to do?  the instructions should be coming with the Ignition bypass fuse box.  Ill keep you posted. thank you.

Long story I will make short.  Bought boat and before it was shipped the owner said it did not have key override.  Ordered parts and then the boat arrived.  It had the key override.  No clue how the owner of a one owner boat did not know but oh well.  So I have the install instructions that look very straight forward.  I figure it will take 2 hours.

On 1/20/2021 at 5:55 PM, COOP said:

Just putting this out there again. I have these screens IN STOCK. No drop shipping from Malibu. I find it odd that I get several messages a month about them, and yet no one wants to buy one. My price is the lowest you will find. Im $600 cheaper than Bakes, and yet no one ever wants to commit. 

So if you want/need one I have them for $1800 plus tax and shipping. 

Only message me if you actually want to buy one. Not trying to be salty, but to go back and forth with messages only to have people stop responding all together is getting old. 

Are these the newer version ones that are supposed to last longer? 

I feel like i should buy MTC for a spare just have down the road, or sell this thing. I wish i would have known about this problem before I bought it. this is a big deal!  is Malibu just washing there hands of all these problems?  just ordered a key bye pass.  

Edited by Ronnie
Edited for profanity
1 hour ago, JOHN123456 said:

I feel like i should buy MTC for a spare just have down the road, or sell this thing. I wish i would have known about this problem before I bought it. this is a big deal!  is Malibu just washing there hands of all these problems?  just ordered a key bye pass.  

Well, there is a chance they will show up at greatlakesskipper.com down, the road, but who knows?  Frankly, I'd buy one and keep it in reserve.  Wish I'd done that with the fuel pump.  Would have saved me time and money.  But then again, keeping it sitting around for years - who knows?

16 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Well, there is a chance they will show up at greatlakesskipper.com down, the road, but who knows?  Frankly, I'd buy one and keep it in reserve.  Wish I'd done that with the fuel pump.  Would have saved me time and money.  But then again, keeping it sitting around for years - who knows?

I bought one for my 2012 and had it for 2 years before selling boat. Always kept it close as in took it in any long trips from home in case needed. Never installed it and gave it to new buyer at sale time. It was put in 2 years after that. My screen had lamination for 4 years before replacement was done.

• Like 4

I live in California bay area, bought this boat out of Washington. its odd how some dealers know everything about this problem, and some have no clue.  I still love the boat.

I'm trying to install this Remote key kit. The part I don’t understand is? Where in the engine compartment?  is this loomed leg of the boat harness? This 16-pin engine connector located?  anybody Know? 😊 your help would be appreciated

These directions are pretty clear, are there any single line drawings? That would show as followed listed below.

Purple and white-  Runs from New Ignition switch Terminal (B) to existing power button on dash.   ( splice into Purple/White into Purple/White)

Purple and Black – Runs from New Ignition switch Terminal (I) to existing Kill switch. ( splice into Purple/Black into Purple/Black)

Yellow and Red -   Runs from New Ignition switch Terminal  (S) to existing loomed leg of the boat harness 16 pin connector located at engine at the rear of the boat????

The other problem, is No dealerships around here knows or has ever done one of these. Thanks