Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Beginner Questions - 2010 Wakesetter VLX

Maisbiensuer

1 hour ago, formulaben said:

Excellent reply by @srab...the only thing I would add is that even if you never feel a need to remove your T-handle drains (ones other than the transom plug) I would definitely remove them for winterization.  Search a few posts here about these NTP threaded plugs "bonding" and becoming irremovable, one very recently.  Not a fun situation for when you NEED to remove it.

Definately pull them and I use anti-seize on mine for that very reason. They have the rubber "O" ring to seal them so there is no reason to gorilla grip them in when tightening them. 

@saxton15

In the meantime, I know that it is not leaking through the hulll and it is not leaking through the ballast pumps and it is also not leaking from the engine cooling system.

So honestly, I still don't know exactly where it comes from. But I also haven't through about is much in the last time as the level normally stays the same.

• 3 weeks later...

One of my plugs is leaking.  The rubber seal is shredded.  I pull all of my plugs at the end of each use due to the inspections we go through to prevent the spread of invasive species.  (Muscles)  So I went to the dealer to by new rubber seals..................for get it!   37 bucks for new T-plugs with the rubber seals.  

Anybody know who can supply those rings?  it's a 2005 and deserves new rings!  They're not regular O-rings, but have flat sides.  I tried several sizes of O-rings and they roll out of the grove when you tighten them.

Can anyone confirm that the T-plugs with o-rings on them are not NTP threads?  I'm trying to figure out why an OEM would do that...

On 7/11/2016 at 11:24 AM, Maisbiensuer said:

@saxton15

In the meantime, I know that it is not leaking through the hulll and it is not leaking through the ballast pumps and it is also not leaking from the engine cooling system.

So honestly, I still don't know exactly where it comes from. But I also haven't through about is much in the last time as the level normally stays the same.

Is your boat stored under a roof that prevents rain from getting on the cover? If not there's a high probability that water is getting into the boat from rain or perhaps wet vests and people getting in and out of the water. The covers that come with the boat are known for allowing a lot of water in near the base of the tower.

I went through this very same experience to the point where I sponged out the bilge until it was completely dry. After tinkering with the cover and confirming that nothing was leaking from the motor, pumps etc, I now have a completely dry bilge. In your case a few centimeters of water in the center drain area isn't much water at all. Do the sponge thingy into a bucket and you'll see what I mean.