Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

25 LSV at 6000ft - Is 450 enough?

smc67

Is this enough engine (with a high altitude prop) at this altitude?  The 575 seems like such a big, and costly, step up.  We frequently run with 8 - 10 people in the boat and as the kids and their friends get older, we're getting heavier every year.

Once you go supercharged, there is no going back.  I havery been on the wrong side of the power issue and it is absolutely frustrating to have dropped way over $100k on a toy.  

Then have 2 extra friends out with you and have to stop and drain ballast because you are underpowered.   The super charged engine is one of my favorite upgrades.   I still have to drain a little for wake boarding, she won't push 5k plus wedge,  but will do 4k all day. Surfing is effortless @ 2000' with 5k and 8 adults.  The LS3 would not, granted LS3 was a little less power than the 450, but you are also 4000 feet higher. Just my opinion...

• Like 2