Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 Review - Bandwidth Warning

Cipro

Thanks for the review. I really need to see one in person and maybe even find one to demo and I'll be finding a dealer to buy one. 

OK I will be the one to ask. How did you hook up with P.O.D?  I am in my 50's and I really like their music. Boat is awesome by the way.

28 minutes ago, OLDGUY said:

OK I will be the one to ask. How did you hook up with P.O.D?  I am in my 50's and I really like their music. Boat is awesome by the way.

They were passing through Knoxville and had a day off from touring. One of thier producers reached out and asked if I would take them surfing. 

Never have I been around more humble and gracious guys. They were like kids in a candy store. Amazing day. 

6 hours ago, dppendar said:

Boat looks great. Congrats!  

Are you able to change the color of the light rings on the Wetsounds? 

Nope. Blue is what you get :) 

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Cipro said:

I felt like I needed to spend more time with the M235, than just a quick review after one or two sets with the boat. We are up to 25ish hours now. So far the boat has been all we had hoped for. 

Pros -

1. The wave is so perfect with ZERO additional ballast. I have a 600lb bow and two rear 550's but we don't even bother using them anymore.  I was so skeptical when engineering at Malibu said additional bags were not needed...tip of the hat to Aaron, you were right. We have a full crew yesterday with some big guys...I had to EMPTY water from stock to get a longer wave. My son can now play so much farther back...makes my mastercraft friends so stinking jealous. 
  2. The small features Malibu added, while some may not be original to 'Bu, I love them. The windscreen is perfect. heater placment, power seats, stock stereo (had some music guys on boat yesterday, they were impressed), flooring, storage, finishes, and the interior is so much better than my amazing 2014 23lsv. Yes everyone else had wakeview seating first. I love the wakeview bench. 
  3. Personal taste here, but I think its the best looking boat on the lake. My cove is loaded with X23's to G's to the new Supra's. I would not swap any of them for mine.
  4. The electronics are perfect. Love the sport dash knob, the touch screen, go pro mount. Could not be more happy. 

Cons - 

1. This is obvious, but frankly important, its expensive. The price point eliminates this as a choice for tons of folks. I do not take that lightly. For the right buyer, I think this is a hell of an option compared to the other similar priced boats.
  2. Fuel usage seems pretty high. I don't track GPH because the reality is I don't want to know. Getting 93 at my marina is not an option. I'm using some booster, but so far we "seem" to be burning more fuel than in years past. 

I am a guy who gets buyers remorse on most big purchases. I could not be more thrilled with this m235, Malibu and my dealer Sunny Marine. I have zero buyers remorse. 

Here are some pictures - I will be updating the thread with more video as I have time to edit.  ALl of these guys were NEW to wakesurfing. I had to lower the wave for them. We took so many shots its hard for me to filter through them. 

Done_zpsjilvpjou.jpg

Image%201.png_zpsptet7vjz.jpeg

IMG_2160_zps4ggitfqk.jpg

IMG_2281_zpsihteexc4.jpg

IMG_1806_zps5g8mcvjg.jpg

Dude ....the guy holding the surf rope should see a doctor. 

9 hours ago, Chrisjjbrown said:

Dude ....the guy holding the surf rope should see a doctor. 

The skinny guy is Sameer Bhattacharya from the band Flyleaf. It took me multiple boards to find one that he could use. He weighs like 88 lbs...the wave almost threw him in the back of the boat every pull. Eventually I remembered I had an old CWB Tsunami, and that was perfect for him. 

My gopro is not playing nice with my new laptop. Ill have an SD card reader later today and try and get some wave videos.. 

Thanks for the write-up and for the pics!  The wave looks amazing.  I'm even more jealous you got to hang with POD!  Looking forward to the videos. 

11 hours ago, Cipro said:

Stock ballast ..just me in boat  10.8 mph , wedge in lift, so much room to play  

image_zps9d5qzc3d.jpeg

Just you in the boat and stock ballast ? You have to be pretty heavy :lol::lol:

You will have an incredible summer, and I think we are all jealous of this wake ! Crazy.

Very nice!  I am sure there will be a lot of jealous people on your lake this year.

I saw one out on Big Cedar Lake in Slinger, WI  this weekend.  Didn't have the phone on me to take a pic, but they were docked on the other side of the lake.  I will snap a few shots if it is there over the 4th of July. It had some yellow on it, I prefer the looks of yours though. 

14 hours ago, smooky said:

Just you in the boat and stock ballast ? You have to be pretty heavy :lol::lol:

You will have an incredible summer, and I think we are all jealous of this wake ! Crazy.

I'm 20lbs up but the driver is on goofy side. Why I posted regular wave as to not be accused of stacking the deck ???

7 minutes ago, Cipro said:

I'm 20lbs up but the driver is on goofy side. Why I posted regular wave as to not be accused of stacking the deck ???

Killer boat loved it at the boat show.