Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Vdrive boom on LSV retractable pylon

qwertyking

Anyone used this boom on a Malibu with retractable pylon? I've used on fixed rear pylon but now have this 2014 lsv with retractable pylon. Seems like it would not hold but I thought I'd ask. Gotta teach number two to get up and once with the boom is the best. She's 5. 

http://www.waterskis.com/Barefoot-International-Deluxe-V-Drive-Boom-p/v-drive_barefoot_boom.htm?gclid=CKDfkLvz9swCFRIoaQod5DQFEw&gdftrk=gdfV22552_a_7c873_a_7c5126_a_7cV_d_Drive_Barefoot_Boom

My first thought was that the Malibu pylon doesn't stick up high enough for that to clamp onto.  It says "IMPORTANT:  Make sure you have at least 3" of non-tapered pylon exposed to safely mount the clamp."  I would have to measure, but I'm not sure mine sticks out even that far.