Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cooler for 2001 Wakesetter LSV

Roush611

What are you all using? I don't like the bow cooler as the ice retention sucks and it's kind of a pain if people are sitting up there. A standard box cooler would be fine on the floor but then it will block the back speakers.  What is everyone using? Are you just using up seat space and setting a cooler on top of seats or are you sticking with the built in ones? I'm looking at the soft sided yeti hopper 30, but good god that's a chunk of money for a cooler.  I'm thinking it will fit right behind the drivers seat.  Any suggestions are appreciated. 

The built in coolers are a pain, especially to clean out at the end of the day. We have a Yeti Hopper that more or less fits behind the drivers seat on our 2005 VLX but they are pricy. 

You might consider the RCTIC soft sided cooler as an alternative to the Yeti. They are backordered a bit but look to be just a nice (and WAY cheaper)

https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/coolers/softpak/RTIC-SoftPak-30-Grey

3 hours ago, pdneuman said:

The built in coolers are a pain, especially to clean out at the end of the day. We have a Yeti Hopper that more or less fits behind the drivers seat on our 2005 VLX but they are pricy. 

You might consider the RCTIC soft sided cooler as an alternative to the Yeti. They are backordered a bit but look to be just a nice (and WAY cheaper)

https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/coolers/softpak/RTIC-SoftPak-30-Grey

How do you like the zipper for the Yeti?  I have heard it is kind of hard to get stuff out and people complain about the zipper scratching them and such?

I have your same model boat and I use the Stow-N-Go cooler listed above.  It is high quality construction and very well insulated. It fits under the seat behind the driver perfectly. 

• Like 2
formulaben

Stow & Go.  FYI, it will fit almost 50 of the "narrow" cans, such as Coors Light...or so I've heard.

• Like 3

Those bow coolers are worthless. If you have some time you can cut them out and lay some carpet in there. It'll give you some more room for storage.

As for coolers, I've been using Polar Bear. My old one started to leak a little after about 4 years and they sent me a new one for ( I think ) $20. Great customer service

AO Stow-n-go. Love it. I fill it up with beer & ice on Thursday night. And on Sunday I still have ice cold beer.

20130330_155712_zps83d8b99c.jpg

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
4 hours ago, ryangb said:

I use the Coleman party stacker. I like having a hard cooler and it fits perfectly under the seat. It's only $20 

http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-25-Quart-Party-Stacker-Cooler/dp/B00363PSBE?th=1&psc=1

We have the stow and go but I think I'm gonna order up one of these now.  Good find!

My wife bought me a 45 qt Yeti Tank for my bday (even though I asked for an Orca). It doesn't have a hinged lid with a gasket like their rectangular coolers. It has cutting board material lid that just sits on top, so the jury is still out on ice retention. The reason why I like it is the round shape. It fits perfectly behind the driver's seat on my VLX. It is stout enough to stand on too. 

On May 25, 2016 at 10:19 AM, Roush611 said:

How do you like the zipper for the Yeti?  I have heard it is kind of hard to get stuff out and people complain about the zipper scratching them and such?

Yes, people do complain about the zipper scratching their arm and its difficult to look into the cooler to see what you are grabbing. Thats why I am intrigued by the RCTIC soft sided cooler as the entire lid opens up but I haven't seen one in person yet.