Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hour meter a little off.......

Well I have a 2002 Wakesetter xti and my hour meter has went haywire. It still comes on and rpm gauge works fine but as you can see it's reading a little more then actual hours (138,630.3).  Anyone have any ideas?? If I can't correct it what's a good source to get these gauges? I'll work on the picture of my gauge set up. 

Thanks, Chris. 

50 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

could you remove the prop and run it in reverse for 12 years, Ferris Beuler style?  Or just have your dealer pull the hours from the ECM?

Thats even funnier for a boat

I ran it in reverse and the prop fell off, is that normal? The local shop can pull the hours off the ecu but that's not really the solution to the hour meter warping ahead in time. I asked the shop what they thought they just said the hour meter needs replaced. If that's the case okay fine. Just hoping someone has had this happen and found a solution other then replacing the hour meter/tach. I have searched about every thread on tachs acting up but cant really find any info on my symptoms. Help me! wiring all looks good no corrosion on anything.

Here is the setup my boat has. 

IMG_20160524_130204783.jpg

IMG_20160524_130213458.jpg

I have read so many great things on here while searching endless topics on similar issues. You guys/gals rock!! Still haven't found anything to my exact oroblem. So any ideas anyone? I did pull the kill switch cause I read somewhere that would reset the ecu. Still same. Tach does work great though. 

16 hours ago, AussieSkier said:

At least you got value for money in you boat, one hundred and thirty eight thousand hours.....

Ha that's for sure.