Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 updates

gorilla

With all the hype about the M, there sure isn't any new info or videos out there. Any updates about how they are performing, problems, PNP sizes, etc? Looking to upgrade soon and the M might be my go to boat if it performs as good as what Malibu says it does. 

1 hour ago, IXFE said:

I've read every page of that since the thread has started, info in it has really fizzled out. So, starting a new thread to get some new/more info and bring the topic back without some of the drama that was in that thread. Hard tank sizes, fuel consumption numbers with the big motor, how well it handles rough water, dipping the bow with full ballast, etc. 

BTW, thanks for your pics in that thread. Yours are the reason I'm looking for more info. 

Edited by gorilla
ahopkins22LSV
23 minutes ago, wakerider107 said:

Word has it they havent sold many

That isn't the word. Somewhere in the other thread @IXFE stated the plant was running way over their anticipated volume. Now I understand that doesn't mean these are sold boat, but I doubt dealers are ordering these for stock. I would think dealers followed the path my dealer did. And that is order one for stock/boat show/demos and then take orders. I believe my dealer has taken two orders, they still have the stock one they ordered for the boat show/demos. I have also seen on social media quite a few "M235 delivery pictures" from dealers across the country.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, wakerider107 said:

From what I heard they planned on building 2-3 a month at release. Sources tell me they have built nearly 100 already. Looks to be quite a bit more than 2-3 a month.

14 hours ago, wakerider107 said:

Thats funny. Our dealership can't keep them in the building. As soon as they arrive, they are sold & leave. It's not even summer yet!

On 5/24/2016 at 9:44 AM, 23LSVOwner said:

From what I heard they planned on building 2-3 a month at release. Sources tell me they have built nearly 100 already. Looks to be quite a bit more than 2-3 a month.

Interesting. I've spoke with multiple malibu dealers across the country and heard from others in the business that Malibus have been so slow this year that the factory is offering pretty ridiculous rebates if necessary. One example was a 215k m235 offered to a customer for 140k. On the other hand, I have heard Axis is killing it.

Maybe its all regional, who knows.

1 minute ago, wakerider107 said:

Interesting. I've spoke with multiple malibu dealers across the country and heard from others in the business that Malibus have been so slow this year that the factory is offering pretty ridiculous rebates if necessary. One example was a 215k m235 offered to a customer for 140k. On the other hand, I have heard Axis is killing it.

Maybe its all regional, who knows.

I know my dealer was saying their Axis market is up considerably as well has their Malibu having not really grown.  I wonder if the boat prices have finally hit the point where people are choosing to go with the cheaper option?  I know, personally, I went with Axis because I could get way more quality boat for the money and all the bells and whilstles don't interested me that much.  The only thing I want for on the Axis is the power wedge.  Nothing else about the Malibu makes it worth it.

2 hours ago, Cipro said:

Im taking mine out tomorrow with a GoPro and some friends...will be first chance for us to really use... So expect my write up tomorrow evening with video. 

The boat is bad a**. Anyone who has seen and been on mine is blown away. 

Malibu%20Profile_zpsnmz2jgaf.jpg

That looks badass!  Can't wait to see the write up tomorrow!

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, BadgerBoater55 said:

That looks badass!  Can't wait to see the write up tomorrow!

And more pictures of it inside and outside. Write a full review with pictures and videos :-)))

• Like 1