Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Transmission not engaging, then slamming into gear

Has anyone else been having these issues?  Our 2013 wakesetter VTX has been having transmission issues for the past two summers and the dealer said there was no known cause that they could find.  Sometimes when I push on the throttle to engage, nothing will happen and then it will slam into gear.  This has been a big issue when pulling people.  Sometimes when I am pulling someone at a constant speed, the transmission will drop, or stutter, which causes the boat to disengage and then it will slam back into gear.  Anyone been having these issues, or hear of these issues?  I would really like to fix this problem as the dealer was no help when I brought the boat in.

Edited by lategate

If it were mine I'd check the shift solenoid connectors for corrosion. What you are describing seems like it would have to be either in the shifter, wiring to the solenoid pr the solenoid itself. Intermittent electrical issues suck to find.