Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Factory reset?

7lazy77

I have a "new to me" 2013 VLX that I picked up over the winter.  Before getting it out on the water I wanted to get familiar with all the functions & wanted to add additional pre-sets.  Looking through the manual it said to do a factory reset to get all of them back.  Not thinking it through & after I did this......I don't this is quite what I wanted to do....so here I am after the fact!  How much did I delete or mess up & do I need to recalibrate my power wedge & surf gate?  Would I lose any updates that the dealer may have installed?  Is there anything else I need to make sure I do or restore to get the boat ready for the water.  Any help is appreciated.

You should not loose any updates.  A reset only resets all the pre-set factory settings on the maliview.  Now you can just set the pre-sets to what you want.  Good luck and have a fun and safe boating season!

10 hours ago, BlackBluMalibu said:

You should not loose any updates.  A reset only resets all the pre-set factory settings on the maliview.  Now you can just set the pre-sets to what you want.  Good luck and have a fun and safe boating season!

I wouldn't modify a factory preset. It is better to create a new one. I've heard of modifying factory presets causing issues on some boats.

I don't know about 2013, but in my 2016 If you do the factory reset you will need to "tell the computer" what components you have.  I know I had to toggle switches and push a button to calibrate the surf gate system.

Checked with the dealer & they just said that I needed to engage the gates & auto-wedge & do a calibration on the gates.  Reset my depth alarm & changed my pre-sets.  Think everything i back to the way it used to be, but will find out this weekend.