Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Swim platform

Wolffie

On my 2006 21.5 VLX the swim platform is slightly submerged when parked and unloaded.

Over time it becomes quite slimy and slippery. Is there any way that it can be adjusted to be

above the water level?

That's strange.  I have the same boat and mine is a few inches out of the water when it's empty.  even with the ballast all full it's just in the water.  maybe just leave a little water in the bow tank to get the back up out of the water.

Mine is a little newer, but the swim platform is out of the water when not weighted down.  Even fully weighted (MLS, 2,000 lbs PnP, front bow sac) the swim platform is just barely above water level.

I am by no means an expert on this subject, but I thought Malibu raised the swim platform to improve the surf wake at some point, maybe with surf gate?

The swimstep on my 05 Vride is a couple inches out of the water with the ballast empty.......and 300 lbs of lead scattered throughout the boat. Plus 2 batteries.

Sounds to me like there is some weight in the boat somewhere.