Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'15 & '16 dash system: custom picture for preset

mikeo

I'm usually good at figuring out the technical stuff, but I haven't figure this one out yet: what is the process to upload a picture to the new dash system so that picture can be used as the image for a preset? I've tried using the perfect-pull app and setting the picture there, but that just appears to transfer the speed, ballast, wedge, etc. setting and not the picture.

Have you set a custom picture for a rider preset? If so, how? I couldn't find it in 2015 "general" manual, 2015 dash system manual, or 2016 "general" manual.

• 3 weeks later...

That's the same feedback I got from Malibu this week; I think it's a bit BS. I thought I remember being able to save a picture to the system when when using the integrated camera (screen shot) so when I get a few minutes sitting in the boat I'm going to try that angle.

My thoughts exactly.  I told my dealer for what these boats cost, I should be able to do this.  I don't really want to hack my brand new boat computer....

Dave

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I reached out directly to Medallion earlier this week and no response yet. I might have to start calling them (again), they know I'm persistent and won't give up until I get the answer I'm looking for.

Maybe, just maybe, I'll consider trying to get in to the computer (physically) during the off season; I'm afraid the drive is a soldered SSD/NVRAM type of unit and I can't pull it to mount it via another computer. Maybe one of those goofy USB-USB transfer cables might work, but I know they need some software so that might kill it.

Hopefully the images are in a standard folder and not encoded in an application.

• 1 month later...