Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Water Ski Racing...

sliver

I ski raced in 1967. The tow boat I was behind was a Power Cat with a hot Merc outboard. It was a yearly event at our small lake. It was a lot of fun but, from what I can remember it was fairly dangerous. Those events were much different from the ones on that site though.

They do this from Long Beach to Catalina every year.

http://www.catalinaskirace.net/

IIRC it's 26 miles. The 2006 winner did it in 58 minutes. Ocean swells at what, 30 MPH?

Closer to 60 mph. It's 26 miles each way! Crazy.gif

I was thinking ... Isn't it a round trip race ?

Ahhhh... That makes sense now.

As I typed it I was thinking, 'Man, that's not that fast.' You're right, it is round trip, I forgot.

I'm pretty sure that's the one they were showing on ESPN. Amazing and gutsy performances...

Does anyone know how the harnesses work? Seems scary to be strapped to a boat at 60 mph Crazy.gif

170 bones to upgrade from a rear toe plate to a full binding?? Crazy.gif

Of course, if you enjoy "big air at 50mph" I guess you're a little crazy anyway...