Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

83 malibu skier parts

lineman5414

Hey guys just picked up a 1983 malibu skier. Absolutely love the boat. The wife and I have been getting it cleaned up the last month or so and it's really coming along. Should be ready for the water soon. I am looking for a couple parts that the previous owner couldn't find and I've tried searching just about everything I can think of. I need the navigation lights that are recessed into the front of the bow and also the teak covers that go over the top of them. If anyone can point me in a direction that would be great. 

Thanks!

Those two recess' at the front originally weren't for nav lights unless that is what the previous owner had rigged up.  They are kinda like scoops that feed air through a fiberglass channel molded under the bow to a flex hose that feeds air into the dog house.  Those teak covers you are looking for are basically a trapazoidal shape, about a 1/4" thick and just sit flush with the deck surface. 

Always tough to source parts from older boats, one option is random dealer search.  Great Lakes Skipper is a site that purchases parts wholesale and resells, check their site.  Most of the hardware on boats is really outsourced through a few vendors, so find the manufacturer and go to sites that resell their parts such as Michigan Motorz, SkiDim, iboats, Wholesale Marine, West Marine.  I would google "navigation lights" and do a search that way.  You might end up improving your woodworking skills and making some stuff yourself:)

Thanks guys. That makes alot more sense that those didn't use to be navigation lights, 2014 skier. and woodski, I'll have to have a couple beers and think about trying my hand at the wood work skills lol ;)