Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 Axis T-23 Surf Gate

Hello all,

New subscriber, First time poster...

I have a 2015 Axis T-23.  The boat has 14 hours on it and last weekend the surf gate on the starboard side failed out.  It would not retract.  We have tried calibrating, with no avail.  We have now talked to 3 mechanics at different dealers and are getting ALOT of conflicting information.  Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the Surf Gate system?  All the service shops are swamped with a pretty significant wait time to get the boat looked at.

In our case the display does not show the surf gate deployed, and there is no reaction to either side when using the switch.  I'm told that there is an inline fuse or circuit breaker between the switch and the Surf Gate module, normally found in the forward part of the engine compartment.  While I certainly want to get the issue resolved, I really want to understand the system better.

Any information or troubleshooting techniques would be helpful.  Also, if I can't get the boat into a Axis Service Center is there an option to get the boat fixed at a local boat shop and bill the Warranty company?

Thanks all....Ron

Edited by olysurfer