Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Gotta have a Wakesetter

Headhunter 2317

After my visit to the Texas WOW this year, I've decided that I must have a big V-Drive. Thanks Ken. My divorce is final in about 5 days and right after that I will be refinancing my house and taking the EX off my loan. Since the BU is worth as much as she ever will be, I'm going to sell it and bank the cash. Between now and springtime, I plan on saving my A*&^ off and having a nice big down payment on a Wakesetter. They year model is still up in the air but I am sure that I can get some good feedback or even buy a really pampered one from one of my Crew Members. (Stewart's 247 comes to mind) Biggrin.gif

Plus, after the Gorilla size expense of a divorce, it would be a nice feeling to see an extra 25K or so in the bank.

With summer in full swing, it's hard to think about selling. Most likely, I will wait until the end of the season. I know I will loose a little bit for waiting so late but there is no way that I am missing any riding this year.

There are a couple of good shots on my gallery. The boat now has a Towerbiminis Top that is not shown in those pics. Tan with blue stripes

Edited by Headhunter 2317
After my visit to the Texas WOW this year, I've decided that I must have a big V-Drive. Thanks Ken. My divorce is final in about 5 days and right after that I will be refinancing my house and taking the EX off my loan. Since the BU is worth as much as she ever will be, I'm going to sell it and bank the cash. Between now and springtime, I plan on saving my A*&^ off and having a nice big down payment on a Wakesetter. They year model is still up in the air but I am sure that I can get some good feedback or even buy a really pampered one from one of my Crew Members. (Stewart's 247 comes to mind) Biggrin.gif

Plus, after the Gorilla size expense of a divorce, it would be a nice feeling to see an extra 25K or so in the bank.

With summer in full swing, it's hard to think about selling. Most likely, I will wait until the end of the season. I know I will loose a little bit for waiting so late but there is no way that I am missing any riding this year.

There are a couple of good shots on my gallery. The boat now has a Towerbiminis Top that is not shown in those pics. Tan with blue stripes

Glad to hear that you have finally seen the light Tease.gif

I'll help you out all I can, as far as feedback. But as far as the pampered 247 goes, Mrs. MalibuDude already has dibs :)

I'll help you out all I can, as far as feedback. But as far as the pampered 247 goes, Mrs. MalibuDude already has dibs :)

I informed her that my little truck won't pull it. Yahoo.gif

I'll make you guys a package deal when your ready........ 06 247 plus 04 Duramax = bets of both worlds. :)

I'll make you guys a package deal when your ready........ 06 247 plus 04 Duramax = bets of both worlds. :)

Deal killer...she hates whtie vehicles, now if it was dark blue I'd say you might have me over a barrel Crazy.gif

Deal killer...she hates whtie vehicles, now if it was dark blue I'd say you might have me over a barrel Crazy.gif

MAACO $99.99 :lol:

Little truck, old school boat, you poor man... :(

New school offers nothing over the old school except a hefty price tag. :lol:

You stubborn obstinate man. Fingerwag.gif

Did we even see his boat leave the HB all weekend?

I resemble that! Mad.gif

Edited by Big Dubya

We did when we brought the houseboat in & played musical boats. :lol:

and when he left to go home Biggrin.gif , we all know it, it's just a matter of time before he is persuaded to buy a wakesetter by Mrs Malibudude. Give and take he gets the new truck she gets the new boat thats fair, right Innocent.gif

I call it I know what I want.... Crazy.gif

Yep I skied on it.

Don't forget I made the all important ice run Tongue.gif

and when he left to go home Biggrin.gif , we all know it, it's just a matter of time before he is persuaded to buy a wakesetter by Mrs Malibudude. Give and take he gets the new truck she gets the new boat thats fair, right Innocent.gif

Let me see...nope the money tree is still bald. Looks like we'll just enjoy my old school stuff. Yahoo.gif

It's ok Mdude...Don't let them bully you like that....I'm old school too...funny thing is my boat doesn't look old, sound old or feel old. I mean, it seems like just yesterday when I was bringing her home from the dealership....except I don't have a boat payment anymore. Tongue.gif

Hold true Mdude - Us Old school guys gotta stick together.

From someone with the same boat and truck (with a smaller engine) as Mdude

It's ok Mdude...Don't let them bully you like that....I'm old school too...funny thing is my boat doesn't look old, sound old or feel old. I mean, it seems like just yesterday when I was bringing her home from the dealership....except I don't have a boat payment anymore. Tongue.gif

Playing a little Devil's advocate ? I 've heard someone mention more than once how nice a new W/S would be... Whistling.gif