Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Heatercore

BaBaLoO

I'm trying to find the cross reference number from Napa for a 3 vent heater core. I know this was discussed no to long ago but can't find the topic. Anyone have these numbers? 

Thanks 

I don't recall anyone ever finding the part number for the 3 vent heater. That said, I imagine someone could call ProSource & get the number from them. Their sold thru AutoZone.

I searched for this same thing a few months ago... Bill is right, you are only going to find a two vent not a three vent crossover number on here. I ended up buying the entire setup, got tired of looking and have heard the car cores don't last as long. Plus I have a sub enclosure in the way and didn't want to have to deal with it again. Good luck!!

1 hour ago, RockinRod said:

I searched for this same thing a few months ago... Bill is right, you are only going to find a two vent not a three vent crossover number on here. I ended up buying the entire setup, got tired of looking and have heard the car cores don't last as long. Plus I have a sub enclosure in the way and didn't want to have to deal with it again. Good luck!!

Car heater core doesn't last as long? When was the last time you replaced a car heater core? 

I'm not sure why you wouldn't take the core out and take it to a parts store and get another one that is the same size. Why would you buy everything when only the core is broken? If it fits in the box then it will work. 

IMO raw water circulated cores are short lived vs antifreeze protected cores. Doesn't matter whether vehicle or boat. I think they just corrode quicker in the raw water environment, especially when we blow them empty to winterize.  My Sanger ate 3 cores.  I also bet there is no difference in manufacturing or materials of a boat core. I was always amazed how rusty the exhaust water was on 1st spring start up after the Sanger sat a few months after draining the block/manifolds for winter.

22 hours ago, malibu2004 said:

Car heater core doesn't last as long? When was the last time you replaced a car heater core? 

I'm not sure why you wouldn't take the core out and take it to a parts store and get another one that is the same size. Why would you buy everything when only the core is broken? If it fits in the box then it will work. 

What does the last time I changed a car heater core have to do with anything? All I was saying is I heard automotive cores tend to not last as long in the marine environment. I couldn't find the correct core to fit in my existing box so I ended up buying a new core and box, the problem is the old fan blower motors won't fit on the new box, thats why I ended up buying all new. The new blower motors put out more air flow than the old one's also. I figured my boat is 16 years old and it's just a matter of time before the blower takes a dump.

Edited by RockinRod