Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What's a good "boat" wakeboard?

Chatty21VLX

I'm looking to get a wakeboard for guests that don't have their own. It should be beginner-intermediate skill level, and be able to accommodate the largest range of riders 160+ lbs. What would be some good open toe bindings to go with it? Previous years' models at a discount would be a big plus.

I just picked up the 2015 Liquid Force Trip wake package at Evo. Use Take10 and get another 10% off today. I've been watching it for a long time and this is the cheapest it has been at $230 - 10%. The 142 covers 170-240 lbs.

http://www.evo.com/outlet/mashups/liquid-force-trip-wakeboard-index-bindings-2015.aspx

• Like 3

Thanks for the input. I went ahead and ordered the LF Trip. I've never ordered from Evo before because they're across the country and ground shipping is at least a week, but couldn't beat the price of $205 for a beginner board with good reviews. The bindings don't look super quality, but it's a cake and eating it situation.

I just try to find hyperlite states on craigslist.  The shape has been the same forever and it's a pretty forgiving design to ride.  I've gotten a lot of never evers up on them.  

• Like 1
5 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

I just try to find hyperlite states on craigslist.  The shape has been the same forever and it's a pretty forgiving design to ride.  I've gotten a lot of never evers up on them.  

To be honest, it was a tough decision between the Trip, Ronix Vault, and the State 2.0. It basically boiled down to the insane price and the LF bindings fit a size 12, and I know I have at least one guy wears a 12. I can't remember the exact sizing of the other brands bindings  (nhl playoffs were on), but they didn't hit as big a range as the LF.

• Like 2

CWB Pure with Edge bindings is what everyone uses in our boat, bindings fit a good range.  Got it for about $250 at Dicks a couple years ago.  Seems to work for everyone but the very light people - they use my wifes Gator.

My brother-in-law has a 2013 LF Watson Hybrid 139 that has been ridden once.  It has an older pair of CWB open toe bindings on it.  It has been in his garage since he bought it to replace his 2012 Watson hybrid. He liked the 2011 better for some reason even though I don't think there is any difference other than graphics.  I guarantee he would would let it go for a decent offer.  I told him to put it on Craigslist.

Edited by Bu hoo

When I need a "boat board," I use it as an excuse to buy myself a new board and my old board is the new boat board :) 

• Like 3