Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ballast screen dissapeared (not coming up)

rychuk

Had a rebuild last year due to a snapped crank, boat is back together and running great (anti jinx).    Just one issue though, I can't get the ballast read out up on the screen when I hit the ballast button. 

Ballast is all working just fine.  

Is there a plug/sensor that I should be looking for? Boat is a 09 23 LSV with a hammerhead.

Thanks. 

Everything else is working on the screen? Malivue or the old style? On the Malivue there is only 1 blue cable with an RCA type plug in center mass on the back of the screen for all screen views. I don't imagine that is the issue here, you will either have a screen or you won't, but you can check where it is inserted into the dreaded Black box (RFX 3000) behind the amp board. Nothing else on the back of the Malivue is associated with the screen other than the L/R wires with plug ins for the L/R push buttons on the front sides of the screen. A possibility is that one of the buttons is bad, but if the other functions on the other screens work correctly with that button then you can probably discount that as well. The MUX switches do control the ballast functions but won't have any bearing on the screen display, at least I would not think so. It sounds more like a software issue than anything else. BICBW

Edited by wdr

Not Malivue, older style. Everything else is working, can toggle between the different views. Just thought there might be a plug around the engine as it was pulled out for a rebuild last year. 

• 4 months later...