Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

ECU Flashing?

did a search on this and nothing turned up.

today the display was flashing ECU and my hours were reading 0.0. the air temp worked , but the lake temp was saying 53deg. which was weird for 2 reasons, 1 i never had lake temp reading before and 2 , the water was about 80. ( shallow ski lake) . anyway the boat ran fine perfect pass was fine. what does this all mean. ?? am i safe for awhile before my next maintenence appt.? also the temp, oil were not functiong either...

today the display was flashing ECU and my hours were reading 0.0. the air temp worked , but the lake temp was saying 53deg. which was weird for 2 reasons, 1 i never had lake temp reading before and 2 , the water was about 80. ( shallow ski lake) . anyway the boat ran fine perfect pass was fine. what does this all mean. ?? am i safe for awhile before my next maintenence appt.? also the temp, oil were not functiong either...

Rod, you must be blessed with problems! I would call on that one. Go back to the connection on the back side of the motor, driver side and make sure the main harness is solid.

Did you ever try a different prop?

Rod, you must be blessed with problems! I would call on that one. Go back to the connection on the back side of the motor, driver side and make sure the main harness is solid.

Did you ever try a different prop?

actually this boat has been fairly problem free. what prop should i be trying? i have a brand new acme 515 13 x 12 now..

ECU being flashed on the display, on your '05 boat, means that the MMDC isn't getting any info through it's communication wires from the Engine Control Module. All your data on that screen is communicated through those two wires. So you either have a bad connection at the ECM or at your MMDC on those wires. Or you could have a short, or the ground wire for those two wires has lost its ground. I would definitly take it to your delaer and let them check it out. :)

actually this boat has been fairly problem free. what prop should i be trying? i have a brand new acme 515 13 x 12 now..

Is that the very same prop as the one we used for the clinic? If that's the case I would try a ACME 13 x 13 like GalaxyToad or a OJ XMP 3 blade 13 x 12.

new prop but same specs. my old one was dinged up and fixed for a spare..i'd like to try some other props but it gets pricey to buy them. wish i could demo...

i think i know what may have happened. i was running , my pp rope switch connector through and i think i may have bumped something while messing around under theree

well the ECU Flashing hasnt effected the way my boat has been running so i figured i would wait until my next service to get it fixed. well today, while in idle the rpms would fluctuate between 300-1200. making shifting into gear hard.. could this be related? boat ran at 34.2 up and down the course just fine. i turned PP off and it still fluctuated when in idle.

Your IAC controls the air (and therefor fuel) let into the engine at idle, this coupled with the TPS (throttle position sensor) could be causing these problems, only way to fix it is at your dealer.