Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Whats the best setup for a stock '14 24 MXZ

Boschma

Last year when I bought the boat we were only able to get it in the water a couple times before it got too cold and we hadn't bought a surfboard yet. On Friday I decided to fill the ballast, put the wedge down and see what kind of wave our boat could make. We have the LSA in our boat, not sure if that makes a big difference on a surf wave.

The wave it made seemed real big but was not smooth like I was hoping for. Anyone have a setup they've tried that worked real well? I had all the tanks at 100%

Do you have any Plug and Play ballast in the boat or just the stock hard tanks? Do you have the optional bow ballast tank in your boat? We're you using surfgate?   What prop is on your boat?  I can help a little but Darkside seems to be the 24MXZ expert, I havent had mine long enough to completly figure it out yet. 

22 hours ago, APoko said:

Do you have any Plug and Play ballast in the boat or just the stock hard tanks? Do you have the optional bow ballast tank in your boat? We're you using surfgate?   What prop is on your boat?  I can help a little but Darkside seems to be the 24MXZ expert, I havent had mine long enough to completly figure it out yet. 

It's got the plug and play ballast and the bow tank also. I thought I was using the surfgate but when I looked on the side I couldn't tell if it was out of not.

15 hours ago, Boschma said:

It's got the plug and play ballast and the bow tank also. I thought I was using the surfgate but when I looked on the side I couldn't tell if it was out of not.

Definitely make sure your SurfGate is working otherwise your wave will be junk.  The left right arrows on your surfgate control should be yellow if surfgate is enabled and turn green when the surfgate tab is actually extended.   Make sure you are in the correct speed window between 7-15 MPH or surfgate will disable and retract.