Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best Head Unit Solution So Far

bformato

I have a 2007 Malibu VTX with the stereo head unit located in the armrest.  Over the years I have gone through 4 Sony head units.  Even the marine radio end up having issues because of moisture.  I have stuck with Sony because I have enjoyed the dual remotes (one under the helm and one on the transom).  This spring as I was shopping for a new amp for my tower speakers on Amazon.com I ran across a really cool product.  The Planet Audio PGR35B.  It is a digital head unit that is round.  It is the same size as the sony remote and it includes pre-amp hook ups, multiband radio, bluetooth streaming, and usb capability.  It was really easy to install because all of the wiring is already close to the helm.  I just replaced the Sony remote with the Planet Audio head unit.  It is in a dry spot and it has IPX6 Waterproofing.  Output is 60Watts X4 channels.  I am using it in conjuction with the Rockford Fosgate punch amps.

http://www.planetaudiousa.com/product/car-audio-sound-system-auto-stereo-in-dash-gauge-planet-audio-pgr35b/

Best part is $73 on Amazon.com 

xcHVPX5b7e2q6Wh96

I see these compact head-units finding a place in the market. The MB Quart unit seems pretty decent for the price. Kicker has just released theirs. Less features than a traditional head unit but more than blue tooth or similar interface. Rockford has a similar, but its rectangle not round.

I did a kenwood kmr-312bt with two kca-rc55mr remotes, package deal at bestbuy last year for 220. worked great so far

I was on a pontoon boat last week that had a system the consisted of a Wetsounds soundbar & a self powered subwoofer. Super cheap, all controlled from your phone, sounded pretty good & loads of volume.