Sign in to follow this  
smedman

tsunami on the fritz

smedman

so the wife and i are out tonight - filled up the 750 for surfing and was going to fill the 400 in the front lounge per Ken's and others suggestions to see how it does.

well, left the pump on for a minute or so (rather than unplugging) while i was transferring sacs.

it started to sputter - then back to full speed as I was hooking it up to sac #2, before coming to an abrupt stop and giving up the ghost. so looked inside and there was a nice clump of twigs stuck in the little prop inside - so took it apart pulled out the twigs and reassembled - still no workie. let it rest for and hour and tried again, but still no dice.

is it time to buy a new one? or can it be repaired / saved?

thanks!

p.s. emptying the 750 without a pump was quite the experience (i was surprised by my wife's superhuman powers), but I assure you it can be done without filling your transom full of water.

smedman

OK - figured this one out -- i had just blown the fuse on the part that plugs in to the outlet. got a couple of fuses last night at home depot for 39 cents.

LS-One
OK - figured this one out -- i had just blown the fuse on the part that plugs in to the outlet. got a couple of fuses last night at home depot for 39 cents.

you beat me to it.